Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: FB - How to Capture? (Can Titans be Husks? +RESULTS+)  (Read 1824 times)

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FB - How to Capture? (Can Titans be Husks?)
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2018, 05:24:42 pm »

Are you sure it broke out of the chain? Is it destroyed?
The reason for those seemingly stupid questions is that animals dying in cages in a reanimating biome reanimated OUTSIDE of the cages, resulting in lots of unexpected excitement when those cages were in a merchant caravan that pulled into your trade depot (vjek's hellish water less lethal rain embark). It also took quite some time to figure out what happened... Thus, chained critters might reanimate unchained. [And I didn't think of it until now, so I haven't mentioned it earlier just to be a jerk]
Also, I've never heard of titans (or FBs) ever leaving. Thus, my guess is that it might have been huskified, but without that process being able to do something properly with the remains (a puddle of water? Hm, no hands, nor head...). As FBs and titans are the same things of different domains, FBs ought to do as well, but I'd try a flesh based one. And clowns are the same as well, but with a few extra features
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2018, 05:32:15 pm »

I thought of that, but the game pauses anytime a cloud shows up. I went back to check on it and it was simply gone. Also, no combat logs for it.

The chain is not destroyed, but the last time I had something "break" out, for lack of a better term, it also left the chain intact.

FAKE EDIT: I take it back, there is a pile of salt on the ground where the Salt-blob titan was. There's still no combat logs whatsoever to account for this.

AH WAIT. There was a sneaky werebeast captured not long after. It must have sneaking mission'd my chained titan. Drat. Ok, we can try it with a FB. I'll just be sure to isolate the platform to prevent any identical events.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2018, 07:57:39 pm »

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you the crowning resident of the Mirthdefense Extreme Security Containment Facility:

Bikda Mistyfog the Hole of Puzzles, Forgotten Beast accursed smoke HUSK. Unfortunately it is unlikely to be recaptured for further experimentation (such as retention of it's poisonous bite, for instance). It was led into the cloud by an intrepid volunteer, also pictured.

EDIT: Never mind, it pathed right to my fort. All the other husks just wandered off. I decided to test it's general combat effectiveness first, and pitted it against an exceptional-iron equipped legendary axelord/legendary shield user with master dodging and grand master armor use. Bikda won handily. It seems that it's far too big for a single axedwarf to damage to the point of true death.

The beast won two subsequent duels with similarly-skilled military dwarves. Mr. Beard, who has legendary+5 in all combat attributes, was able to sever it's head with the help of his two most skilled fellow axe lords.

After a save-scum, it kicked a dwarf so hard it flew back 5z into a wall and parts exploded. Clearly a significant boost in power.

Further testing confirms that other FB's consider it hostile. FB's that were previously affected by the friendliness bug will attack Bekda with gusto.

Anyway I re-caged it with the same web trap that caught the titan. Any suggestions as to further science?

It's worth noting that it's combat so far has consisted entirely mostly of kicks, with very few bites. It also retained trapavoid, unsurprisingly. Further !!SCIENCE!! to come.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 08:30:49 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

rhavviepoodle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FB - How to Capture? (Can Titans be Husks? +RESULTS+)
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2018, 08:42:51 pm »

Perhaps carve out an arena for it, and let it play with all of your subsequent visitors. Once he's racked up a huge kill count, start engraving stuff around him (or making statues) and hopefully your dorfs specifically engrave him being incredible. Or include him in a few pre-designed images, perhaps?

Insert_Gnome_Here

• Bay Watcher
  • Dosen't really care about anything anymore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2018, 10:05:07 am »

Get a few more and take a load of husks on a day trip to the circus?
Quote from: Max™ on December 06, 2015, 04:09:21 am
Also, if you ever figure out why poets/bards/dancers just randomly start butchering people/getting butchered, please don't fix it, I love never knowing when a dance party will turn into a slaughter.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2018, 12:30:08 pm »

Get a few more and take a load of husks on a day trip to the circus?

Oh hey, this. Definitely this.
Pages: 1 [2]