Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: No strange moods anymore? 44.0x.  (Read 1600 times)

n4m3l3ss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
No strange moods anymore? 44.0x.
« on: February 08, 2018, 07:27:41 am »

Recently, I've been playing a world I generated in 44.02, and have never had an artifact mood, for 10 fort years even.

In previous games in previous versions, I would have certainly had a strange mood in the first 2 years. What could have gone wrong?

If it matters, the world is 700 years old at worldgen, plenty of worldgen artifacts to quest for. I haven't gotten any dwarven immigrants after the hardcoded waves, apparently because the rest of my civilization is isolated behind a mountain. But I do have plenty of naturalized citizens.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
Re: No strange moods anymore? 44.0x.
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 08:29:05 am »

I don't know of any such bug in the new versions, but it might be connected to your migrant situation.

According to DFwiki you need a minimum of 20 eligible dwarves before any mood can trigger. Eligible meaning non babies and not in active military duty.
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2018, 09:29:37 am »

Besides, non-dwarves never go into moods. So if your naturalized citizens are humans, goblins or elves, they will probably not count toward the moods. Only dwarves do mood.
Another requirement is to dig tiles I believe, your artifact cap is linked to the number of tiles digged I recall

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2018, 11:12:44 am »

It seems non mooding citizens don't count. I got my first dead civ mood a bit after getting my 21:st dorf mature into a child (which happened shortly after #20), with an elf and a human having been citizens for a year or two.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2018, 02:55:05 pm »

Using dfhack strangemood, it has a message when there aren't enough units qualified to mood, which is 20 dwarfs. 

My test fortress has 19 pop cap.  I have 4 monster hunters (dwarfs) petition and accepted, but they do not count towards fort pop in terms of 20 needed for artifact. 

I also had migrants (this is a 200 year world gen) where 2 of the migrants are listed in the "Had mood" via Dwarf Therapist, but I think they count towards the 20 valid mood units.

n4m3l3ss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2018, 04:35:44 am »

Yep, it was the lack of dwarves.

I retired and unretired the fort. Suddenly, it had over 20 dwarves. Most of the new guys were nobles: the queen and her crew, plus all kinds of Baron of Whatever.

And so, the strange moods finally started happening.