Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The sad story of Daggertemple  (Read 505 times)

Grand Sage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The sad story of Daggertemple
« on: March 11, 2018, 05:19:36 pm »

I had the coolest fort ever! Uristrath "Daggertemples", an outpost of the civ "The Ancient Hammers" (!!)

The entrance was fortified in the the most awesome, most useless way ever. Basically it was an artificial canyon with fortifications for archers along the side and a Balliste that could shoot along the canyon. Except dwarves cant aim, but whatever, it was real cool on paper ;) I started having a decent military consisting of:

The Hammerguard which were getting close to full steel with silver hammers.

The fortress guard, who basically were the archers for the entrance.

I Daggertemples (roman letter for 1th) light scout unit of sworddwarves with bucklers.

now, the I Daggertemples were supposed to be the first unit used in the war against the elves, who had recently declared war by attacking my capital. The whole story was playing out perfectly, except: The game crashes when my dwarves return from a mission. So I guess bye bye Daggertemples, best fort I ever had. You had so much potential....
Dwarf Fortress: This feature has one or more outstanding bugs. Please visit the Bugs section for details.

And I drank the mosquito paste

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: The sad story of Daggertemple
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2018, 05:35:25 pm »

On the bright side if your Dwarves can't hit the enemy, usually the enemy can't hit you ;P