Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Help with screwing around with syndromes  (Read 1145 times)

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Help with screwing around with syndromes
« on: March 14, 2018, 12:39:54 pm »

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to make necrosis be a body wide syndrome applied by a dwarf biting a creature.
Help please!
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Help with screwing around with syndromes
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2018, 01:11:57 pm »

I would suggest you move this to the DF Modding forum, since it's more relevant there.  :D

As to actually answer your question, I dunno, but you could look up Giant Cave Spiders in the raws to see an example, and syndrome tokens on the wiki for details. Posting your raws might help to see the problem.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 01:13:37 pm by bloop_bleep »
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2018, 01:45:00 pm »

Is there a way for a mod to just move this to modding?
Also I tried looking at giant cave spiders, but theirs doesn't have any body tag.
Paralysis worked just fine for me without any definitions of where it affected, but necrosis doesn't seem to do the same thing for reasons.
Anyways this is what I have right now, but removing localized seems to break it.
This works fine, but it is only in the area that the bite happens.

Code: [Select]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_NAME:dwarf bite]
[SYN_AFFECTED_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
[SYN_INJECTED]
[CE_NECROSIS:SEV:100:PROB:100:LOCALIZED:RESISTABLE:START:0:END:2000]
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 01:59:58 pm by johiah »

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2018, 02:54:34 pm »

If you want necrosis of absolutely everything, using BP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:ALL instead of LOCALIZED. If you only want to target skin, for example, you would use BP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:SKIN. If you only want to rot body parts with the [GRASP] token, use BP:BY_TYPE:GRASP:ALL. If you want to target the heart in particular, use BP:BY_TOKEN:HEART:ALL. All of this is on the wiki page which I linked to you.
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2018, 03:16:55 pm »

I read the wiki page multiple times and I figured it was something like BP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:ALL, but I didn't know if that exact phrase would work. Thank you!

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2018, 05:29:18 pm »

Also, how would I go about making the syndrome be inside a dwarf's blood?

Code: [Select]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:BLOOD:BLOOD_TEMPLATE]
[BLOOD:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:POISON:LIQUID]
Does not seem to work.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2018, 12:51:36 am »

Note that the first statement in your snippet doesn't actually do anything, because it defines a new material called BLOOD from the template BLOOD_TEMPLATE, which isn't used anywhere. The second statement doesn't work because your blood material has to be derived from BLOOD_TEMPLATE. To fix this, simply copy the syndrome from the poison in between those two statements, and change the second statement to say [BLOOD:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:BLOOD:LIQUID].

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2018, 12:59:51 am »

Is there a way for a mod to just move this to modding?
There's a move thread button somewhere about. It's a bit hard to spot, but it can be done yourself.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2018, 07:11:35 am »

Note that the first statement in your snippet doesn't actually do anything, because it defines a new material called BLOOD from the template BLOOD_TEMPLATE, which isn't used anywhere. The second statement doesn't work because your blood material has to be derived from BLOOD_TEMPLATE. To fix this, simply copy the syndrome from the poison in between those two statements, and change the second statement to say [BLOOD:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:BLOOD:LIQUID].
So then could I have attacks inject dwarf blood instead of a venom?

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2018, 12:39:34 pm »

So then could I have attacks inject dwarf blood instead of a venom?
Well, venom has to be derived from CREATURE_EXTRACT_TEMPLATE, so no, unfortunately.  :P