Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40]

Author Topic: Persona: Ruins, IC: Return to Normalcy, Once Again  (Read 27793 times)

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
Re: Persona: Ruins, IC: Return to Normalcy, Once Again
« Reply #585 on: February 12, 2018, 09:13:21 am »

Miji gave Kanade a quick glance. Well, if they're gonna talk about it in public... "... Just, don't make any rash decisions." He lets the door go.
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: February 12, 2018, 08:29:08 pm »

Ryo glances between her two rescuers. Did they seriosuly think she was going to summon an eldritch abomination in, what, the cafeteria?

"I'm not stupid you know," She growls out. "Despite what everyone says. I'm just going to the bathroom for a bit. Nobody is in there this early anyway."

That said, Ryo pulled open the doors and stomped inside. Ignoring the typical jeers from the other students, she quickly found the bathroom. As typical for this time of day, it was completely empty. Locking the giant handicapped stall's door behind her, She dook a deep breath to calm herself, and promtly gagged on the smell. Apparently someone had been in here earlier.

"Well." she muttered, "Here goes nothing."

Closing her eyes, she reached deep inside herself and called out, "Cthulhu? Are you there?"
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: February 24, 2018, 06:14:05 pm »

Ryo squirrels herself away in the bathroom, despite the warnings of the other Persona-users, and decides to go forth with the plan to evidently summon her Persona in a public place. However, things perhaps don't go one hundred percent as she might have expected or planned. Ryo reached inside of herself for Cthulhu, and she feels that potent connection same as she usually does, the same feeling of something that simultaneously feels like it belongs and yet such a source of power it almost seems foreign. She can in fact call on Cthulhu here, but where the problem arises is that her connection to Cthulhu isn't the only thing she can feel.

She can also feel a strange, terrifying pressure, as if she is being watched, and not by Cthulhu, but by some sort of other entity. Ryo can't put her finger on what it is, but in any event she is sure something has its attention on her in some way or another.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: February 25, 2018, 02:05:22 am »

Ryo takes a deep breath, and releases it slowly. She repeats this, because it is worth repeating; with every drawn lungful, she can feel Cthulhu's presence ebb and flow, like the waves which must pass through his great city.

So she could do it. She felt a small giggle bubble up before she clamped it down. What was this other thing she felt? It was ironic for one hosting a being of lovecraft to call something alien, for sure, but what else could it be? She had planned to bring Cthulhu out for a moment; not to do anything, but just to confirm that he was there, to see it with her eyes once more.

But with that odd presence watching her... she wasn't so sure she wanted to risk something weird happening here. Ludicrous deniability or not, cryo-shattering a toilet was beyond her. She wasn't a delinquint! Also, who knows what that thing watching her might do?

Did the others know about this? Was that why they were acting weird? Ryo didn't know. Maybe she should ask them... but she still didn't know if they even wanted her around. In either case, class was going to start soon. If she didn't want to be tardy, she would have to hurry. No point in giving those bastards any ammunition.

She kept Cthulhu close to her heart as she exited the bathroom. It was a bit uncouth to use an eldrich horror as a... as a security blanket, but Ryo held her head high anyway. They called her crazy, but now insanity incarnate was on her side now, damnit!

And thus Ryo went to class.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: March 24, 2018, 01:30:56 am »

Apparently you have to post to lock a thread. Heartfelt message will come in the OOC lock.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40]