Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: i have someone in a strange mood and hes not moving.  (Read 832 times)

JadeToad

• Bay Watcher
  • Shells and rocks are cool!
    • View Profile
i have someone in a strange mood and hes not moving.
« on: February 24, 2018, 07:19:27 pm »

how do i fix this?

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
Re: i have someone in a strange mood and hes not moving.
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2018, 07:22:29 pm »

He needs a workshop for his mood type. See moods: skills and workshops.
Quote from: dragdeler
There is something to be said about, if the stakes are as high, maybe reconsider your certitudes. One has to be aggressively allistic to feel entitled to be able to trust. But it won't happen to me, my bit doesn't count etc etc... Just saying, after my recent experiences I couldn't trust the public if I wanted to. People got their risk assessment neurons rotten and replaced with game theory. Folks walk around like fat turkeys taunting the world to slaughter them.

JadeToad

• Bay Watcher
  • Shells and rocks are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2018, 07:22:58 pm »

He needs a workshop for his mood type. See moods: skills and workshops.
i built a glass furnace and he claimed it, but the thing is i dont have sand.

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2018, 08:07:07 pm »

No sand anywhere? Create 30x30 zones and you'll see how many sand tiles exist in in that zone... you might find some sand if you're lucky. If you can get some sand (and dump seeds from bags to get a bag), you can make the raw glass the moody dwarf needs. Or maybe the caravan will arrive in time and have some glass for sale.
Quote from: dragdeler
There is something to be said about, if the stakes are as high, maybe reconsider your certitudes. One has to be aggressively allistic to feel entitled to be able to trust. But it won't happen to me, my bit doesn't count etc etc... Just saying, after my recent experiences I couldn't trust the public if I wanted to. People got their risk assessment neurons rotten and replaced with game theory. Folks walk around like fat turkeys taunting the world to slaughter them.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2018, 10:14:50 pm »

If he doesn't get glass in time (about a month-and-a-half, I think?) he'll go insane. Hopefully he becomes melancholy or something instead of berserking and attacking his fellow dwarves (which may or may not cause a loyalty cascade, which is a much bigger problem than one homicidal dwarf.)
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2018, 03:19:45 am »

If he's going to go insane, you can brick him in until he dies, to save you from potential murdering rampages. You can also look at his profile to see what kind of madness he's likely to end up with and then decide whether you think you need that protection.

falcn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2018, 03:49:40 am »

"prospect" in a dfhack console would show if you have sand anywhere on the map.

Insert_Gnome_Here

• Bay Watcher
  • Dosen't really care about anything anymore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2018, 06:33:59 am »

If a caravan from the humans or dwarves turns up, it might have sand.
Quote from: Max™ on December 06, 2015, 04:09:21 am
Also, if you ever figure out why poets/bards/dancers just randomly start butchering people/getting butchered, please don't fix it, I love never knowing when a dance party will turn into a slaughter.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2018, 06:44:08 am »

If caravans have sand, they have a good chance of carrying raw glass as well.

Gigaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2018, 07:07:51 am »

Are you sure that he needs sand? Because there's a list of things that a moody dwarf can demand and sand is not among them. Glass makers may need sand generically but I think they don't. Blacksmith moods also don't require coal to power the blacksmithing.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2018, 07:32:18 am »

No, moody dorfs do not need sand, but they frequently require raw glass, and if you don't have raw glass you can make it from sand (which implies building a second glass smelter so you can actually make that raw glass for the moody dorf sitting on the original one).
This is also the reason I proposed buying raw glass from caravans, as it's a better alternative than going via sand, in particular since you're probably rather short of time if a caravan even shows up in time.