Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Three Kingdoms: Marga Guard's guild  (Read 2556 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: Three Kingdoms: Marga Guard's guild
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2018, 01:38:32 am »

I use a phone myself, so the issue is close to my heart. There can't be tech walls. The core concept here, is an MMO on forums. Forum games' best quality is its accessiblity to everyone.

I'm sorry.

We will have to do something else then.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 01:40:50 am by roseheart »
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2018, 01:50:20 am »

Python can actually be installed on Android and iOS also. Though you would have to install a terminal environment as well, since the script is text-based. I recommend Termux for Android. (You can install Python directly through Termux, in fact.) The Python website says there an app called Pythonista for iOS, which in fact has a GUI instead of simply being a text-based terminal.

Another option is me writing the website, and then someone else with better resources than me could host it.

And, of course, we don't have to resolve every combat using the program. In fact, I could just keep the program to myself, using it to playtest creatures as the Ranger's Guild creates them. It's primarily a convenience utility, is all.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2018, 01:57:29 am »

I think a good test to see if combat is viable(assuming of course it is assessable to phone and pc users...)

Can you teach two other people to resolve a battle?
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2018, 02:09:58 am »

I sorry if you already started the program but maybe some sort of damage types will work better,It allow to create weapons and spell verity and interesting monster.
Now when I think on it if we can run a program maybe we can combine both.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2018, 03:05:02 am »

I sorry if you already started the program but maybe some sort of damage types will work better,It allow to create weapons and spell verity and interesting monster.
Now when I think on it if we can run a program maybe we can combine both.

Damage types, as in attack damage types (e.g. edged, blunt) or body part damage types (e.g. skin, muscle, fat)?
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2018, 03:25:33 am »

Damage types, as in attack damage types (e.g. edged, blunt) or body part damage types (e.g. skin, muscle, fat)?
First, it allow us staff like elemental magic while avoid staff like fire imp dying from fire bombs.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2018, 03:50:06 am »

First, it allow us staff like elemental magic while avoid staff like fire imp dying from fire bombs.
So the first type then? We're already developing elemental magic in the Mage's Guild thread, and it should be fairly trivial to have a set of attack types for every attack. (Like a fire sword would have "fire" and "edged" attack types.) Then we can simply create a specialized defense table for creatures that are less/more susceptible to certain attack types.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2018, 12:39:19 pm »

Rockeater, you are up.

*Takes badge from Edward and places on your chest*

Congratulations Captain Matthew Jones.

We need a new thread.

Bloop, perhaps if this combat system can be simplified enough to be practical for missions, I'll have you steward the ranger guild.

Edit: To clarify this offer, create two real missions, then teach two Ranger's to respond to them when someone takes them. I will be one of your students.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 03:41:56 pm by roseheart »
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2018, 03:33:08 pm »

I will put it up tommorow, ok?

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2018, 11:59:09 am »

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2018, 12:00:42 pm »

Is sick
Apolagises for being so
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]