Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]

Author Topic: [SG] The Gods Are All Right: Queh, Goddess of the Dark  (Read 9972 times)

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [SG] The Gods Are All Right: Queh, Goddess of the Dark
« Reply #195 on: April 30, 2018, 02:02:49 pm »

A

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 03, 2018, 02:33:47 pm »

Wran brightens up considerably at your suggestion, and they were already pretty dang luminous to begin with.

"Okay!" they say, "I've got... a dozen or so more places I was planning on checking out today-"

"Excuse me, you've got how many?"

"I like to be thorough. So yes, you take the last half dozen, I take the first and we meet up at..." they check the name, "... yes, at the Hollow of Infinitesimal Pillars. Is that all right with you?"

"Can't be that difficult, right?"

"Right! Later, then?"

"Later then!" you cut the connection and consult the list. Luckily Wran seems to have taken some time to order it in something resembling a sensible itinerary, although starting from the last one is gonna take you... somewhere past the edge of the north side, right where it begins to transition into the color-clouds. Gonna be a bit of a long haul. Luckily you've been getting used to traveling around, and the play of shadows on the streets is a language you're coming to understand better by the day. Fading into darkness, you flit along at a fair clip, and in only slightly more than an hour you manage to find the place.

Behind the historic curtain wall marking the edge of a god-city aeons old, built from the bones of heroes tried and found wanting by That Which Conquers All, perhaps not so much a god as an inescapable personification of entropic doom. Your own family history's full of those, although they didn't build any curtain walls out of the bones they harvested from the unwary, mostly they just kept quiet and ate a lot during the few big gatherings your dad took you to see. Beyond the bleached and sterile wall there are the color-sinks, the parts of the undercity where the ratio of matter and energy is a little less favorable to you than usual. The wall, whose remains still stretch a mile in each direction before becoming lost in the sprawl, provides a comfy cool shade on this side.

On the other side it's a different story - the color-clouds coil and race along the horizon and gather in standing lakes as well as arching rivers, tied down only slightly by the brave but misguided architectural efforts of local slumlords in providing oases of stable matter, all but a few of which have fallen into disrepair and abandonment as their power costs proved too steep for marginalized divinity to afford and the physics too wonky for the gentrification pantheons to really move in. The landscape is barren of life as you know it, but vibrant with bright and radiant far-off things you've scarcely seen the like of in your entire existence.

Somewhere in there is the place you're looking for, and you don't think you wanna look for it. The mere distant glare of the color-clouds makes your body itch in all the wrong places.

A) Yeah no, screw this. Place checked, let's move on.
B) Grit your teeth and get in there.
C) Get in there, but create a shade for yourself just in case (use 1 Power).

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 03, 2018, 04:39:01 pm »

B

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 03, 2018, 05:07:00 pm »

B
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 03, 2018, 06:36:51 pm »

B
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 03, 2018, 06:42:03 pm »

A

If Wran asks tell them the truth that there's no way we could attend school out there.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 03, 2018, 07:58:11 pm »

C
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 04, 2018, 06:07:12 pm »

You chart a course through the shining realm ahead, the colors streaking across your unprotected flesh in alternating boiling heat and freezing cold, your feet finding little purchase in the nearly liquid ground which forces you to try and swim in one of the color rivers, catching unfortunate mouthfuls of blue as you find their substance almost, but not entirely unlike that of the comparatively pleasurable engulfment by the dark waters of home. Carried along the rapids, you fall out coughing in a particularly steep meander at significant fractions of the speed of light, which here only seems to create the slightest ripple as you impact the turf of light and the occasional energized particle. You hurtle heedlessly through the cruel light until you find yourself drawn into the orbit of a figure-8 shadow of something you don't really have the eyes to observe entirely, at least not at the moment - it speaks to you in shades of green and blue, perhaps mockingly. Honestly, you probably have it coming.

A) Beg for help from the shadow.
B) Temporarily adopt a different aspect to better deal with this new system of being (use 1 power).
C) Try to think in colors rather than words (stake sanity).
D) Desperately fashion a means of conveyance to stop your uncontrolled fall (use 2 power).
E) Call Wran and tell them to get you out of here!

Queh, Goddess of the Dark

Power: 5
Goodwill: 6
Sanity: 1
Time: 2

« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 06:10:03 pm by Harry Baldman »

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 04, 2018, 06:18:03 pm »

A What happens if we lose sanity?
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 04, 2018, 08:37:58 pm »

B

We are a strong, independent goddess.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 04, 2018, 08:44:00 pm »

Am I allowed to say I told us so?

We'd probably have to spend another power to change back to normal...

E

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 04, 2018, 10:24:51 pm »

Eh, B

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile