Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Tribal - A dynastic group survival game : Year 1 Winter  (Read 6872 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Tribal - A dynastic group survival game : Year 1 Winter
« Reply #105 on: January 27, 2018, 04:25:59 pm »

I did indeed. It should now be fixed.

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 28, 2018, 02:58:46 am »

Nora Greenstone abandons the newly-laid egg (1) gives the egg to the Skoda family, then procreates twice with Boris (2). She build one trinket for herself (6), and spend the rest of her time researching irrigation (1)(2). ((If the Skodas do not accept the egg, I'll take my previous course of action.))

Boris does his half of the procreation (2). He makes a trinket for himself (6), and pours the rest of his energy into helping Nora with her research (2).

Nora reaches out to Amelia Chron with a trade offer: she will give Amelia her trinket in exchange for the Greenstone family having permanent access to the Chron family's river water.

((I figure that a river's water can be used by more than one family, since it is an abundant and replenishing resource))
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 06:06:36 pm by Pavellius »

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 28, 2018, 08:13:24 am »

SKODA
 Marinus:
  Research Bows 6AP
  Harvest Wood 3AP (shared w/Octavia)
  Procreate (w/Octavia)

Octavia:
  Research Farming Equipment 5AP
  Harvest Wood 4AP (shared w/Marinus)
  Procreate (w/Marinus)

MANAGEMENT:
Name daughter Fabia.
Name son Kodiaq.

DIPLOMACY:

The Skoda Family expresses horror at the sight of our friends abandoning their offspring in the forests. We offer to take in one of your eggs and raise it as one of our own. In exchange we ask of aid to sustain this child from more wealthy clans.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 28, 2018, 08:54:53 am »

The Greenstone family's offer is accepted.

Now, unless anyone has any requests, Seth and Amelia will be doing nothing but research fishing and, once fishing is fully researched, going fishing for the rest of the season.

Unless maybe someone wants to make a house?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 28, 2018, 12:31:40 pm »

The Skoda Family expresses horror at the sight of our friends abandoning their offspring in the forests. We offer to take in one of your eggs and raise it as one of our own. In exchange we ask of aid to sustain this child from more wealthy clans.
The Greenstones will gladly donate their egg, but shall not give any aid. "Raising the child is your responsibility alone." says Boris, "If you cannot handle it, Mother Nature will raise the child, just as she raised our first ancestors."

((Edit: Realized that sounded pretty bossy. I didn't mean it to, I just imagine Boris as a gruff guy.))
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 06:15:27 pm by Pavellius »

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 28, 2018, 12:58:54 pm »

Spoiler: If it’s still open (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 01:15:39 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 28, 2018, 04:42:44 pm »

Gerali and Madelyne spend 13 AP on researching Weapons 1 (8 AP from Madelyne, 5 from Gerali)

Gerali and Madelyne both spent 2 AP on Procreation

Gerali for his final action shall spent 3 AP on researching...
(If Weapons 1 gives Hunting than Research Clothing I, if not than research Hunting 1)

@Kashykk, makes sense? If Weapons already open up hunting than research Clothing instead, Hunting if not.

Name Daughter: Ela
-Give Trinket to Madelyne

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 29, 2018, 10:23:07 am »

Julia for her part seems...rather protective of her egg. Gently polishing it and bringing it around with her during her days. A small smile on her lips an eagerness on her face. Even Reynauld dour man that he was seemed to be almost happy for his sister and the extension of their family line one would suppose.

They both had things to do, however, unfortunately. They had things to do. Reynauld getting back to messing with bones molding and fusing them and then testing them on the ground. Some shattering some seemingly holding and those are the ones he focuses on.

Reynauld continues his research on bone weaponry.

Determinant Ap.

While Julia? She seemingly seems to have partly resigned herself to attempting to become somewhat of a healer or at least clearly taking joy in caring for the sick.

Julia is tending any of the wounded that will allow her.

Determinant Ap.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 29, 2018, 11:07:16 am »

SKODA:
 Diplomacy:
  The Greenstone family speaks of responsibility, but it recklessly breeds without thought to the potential life in the eggs they create. We hardly see the responsibility on their part.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 29, 2018, 01:04:07 pm »

Lar finally allowed himself some rest, spending the whole winter in the communal shelter recovering and spending his time crafting.

Tara, on other hand, became obsessed with getting a home for the family and started to gather stones thinking about how to use those to build a house.

Lar: Make trinket 6AP, rest 2AP, procreate with Tara 2AP
Tara: Harvest (stone) 7AP, Procreate with Lar, research masonry 1AP

They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 31, 2018, 11:24:18 pm »

Bump.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 01, 2018, 10:14:00 am »

Alrighty, we have everyone's turns. I have a few RL things to deal with first, then I'll get the season processed. Some of you may have even survived a full year!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 04, 2018, 03:31:39 am »

On Friday, my son was born over two weeks early. We're all doing okay, but our schedules and sleeping patterns are all over the place. I have time for the occasional post, but never enough to run turn.  As such, I'll be putting this game on hiatus until we have settled into a routine.

We'll be back soon :)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 04, 2018, 04:35:56 am »

Congratulations in any event.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 04, 2018, 12:34:57 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]