Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Non-dwarven noble - Outpost liason bugs or residence bug?  (Read 688 times)

Marianne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Non-dwarven noble - Outpost liason bugs or residence bug?
« on: January 27, 2018, 11:21:28 am »

Hey,

did one of you test a (for example) Goblin noble and his way to handle diplomacy?

My Goblin exp.leader won't meet with the outpost liason, the outpost liason just went to the tavern and didn't care about a meeting. Furthermore no guest in the tavern wanted to stay. After I switched the position with a dwarf, the outpost liason took the meeting right ahead.

Maybe I caused this problem by training my Goblin noble in a squad and setting the alert to civil when the caravan arrived but it would be bad if I am not able to meet diplomats with my Goblin noble who should be the baron when everything works out.

Any ideas?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Non-dwarven noble - Outpost liason bugs or residence bug?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2018, 11:31:42 am »

There are a number of bugs related to meetings. Toady has fixed a number of them in the next release.

Visitors display their desires as soon as they've spoken with a citizen, so you know fairly soon if visitors want to stay or not. If you've got visitors who came to seek residence and didn't get any meetings you've probably suffered from one of those bugs, and I'd expect none of them will meet with the new one either if that's the case.
The reason for stalling meetings is that the noble is replaced one way or another while a meeting is scheduled, and the one who should meet the noble won't reschedule properly. The "traditional" method of handling that is to kill off the one blocking the queue.

Also note that there are probably two queues: one for "workers" and one for diplomacy, and a guess is that replacing the noble caused the diplomacy queue to unblock.
I've made an unblockmeetings script http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=164423.msg7476460#msg7476460 to nuke the meeting queues to let DF piece together the parts afterwards, and that seems to work to unblock meeting queues. You may also wait for the next version.

Marianne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2018, 11:39:20 am »

Doesn't sound good. :/

I hope the new update will fix existing save unlike the one with buged visitors (who behaved strange).

Thanks for the information. I'll have a look at your hotfix.

Marianne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2018, 12:24:56 pm »

I got 5 visitors to leave by switching my exp.leader to another dwarf.

But 5 are still there and I think they are bugged, how can I use your script to clear the meeting schedule? I tried to use it in dfhack but it didn't work.

Marianne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2018, 12:51:54 pm »

There are a number of bugs related to meetings. Toady has fixed a number of them in the next release.

Visitors display their desires as soon as they've spoken with a citizen, so you know fairly soon if visitors want to stay or not. If you've got visitors who came to seek residence and didn't get any meetings you've probably suffered from one of those bugs, and I'd expect none of them will meet with the new one either if that's the case.
The reason for stalling meetings is that the noble is replaced one way or another while a meeting is scheduled, and the one who should meet the noble won't reschedule properly. The "traditional" method of handling that is to kill off the one blocking the queue.

Also note that there are probably two queues: one for "workers" and one for diplomacy, and a guess is that replacing the noble caused the diplomacy queue to unblock.
I've made an unblockmeetings script http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=164423.msg7476460#msg7476460 to nuke the meeting queues to let DF piece together the parts afterwards, and that seems to work to unblock meeting queues. You may also wait for the next version.

I reloaded an older save (I made one today 13:40), it's 5 hours old but there the goblin isn't a citizen yet, so I will make all taverns and temples citizen only and I try to "make the government change" when every visitor left, this way there should be no schedule and I leave the Gobo in his position until the end. Do you think this should work?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2018, 03:27:20 pm »

Visitors not leaving is a different bug from the meeting one. Only the visitors who claim to come for long term works are affected by meetings.
However, the getlost script at the same link has worked for me to get bugged visitors to leave. The condition is that they're not doing something (as that apparently has a higher priority than leaving), such as socializing, singing, researching, etc. (i.e. they have "no job" displayed). Making locations residents/citizens only should cause them to eventually catch on (they're slow to react to the closing of facilities).
Leadership transfer should work as long as there are no outstanding meetings when it takes place (and since that was only when diplomats arrived or dorfs came to cry on a shoulder, it wasn't frequent before 0.42.01, so this old bug (2010) didn't have a high priority.

How did the script fail to work? By not achieving anything or by displaying an error?

And, by the way, you can use "modify" to edit your post rather than multi post.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 03:29:33 pm by PatrikLundell »

Marianne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2018, 06:20:35 pm »

Visitors not leaving is a different bug from the meeting one. Only the visitors who claim to come for long term works are affected by meetings.
However, the getlost script at the same link has worked for me to get bugged visitors to leave. The condition is that they're not doing something (as that apparently has a higher priority than leaving), such as socializing, singing, researching, etc. (i.e. they have "no job" displayed). Making locations residents/citizens only should cause them to eventually catch on (they're slow to react to the closing of facilities).
Leadership transfer should work as long as there are no outstanding meetings when it takes place (and since that was only when diplomats arrived or dorfs came to cry on a shoulder, it wasn't frequent before 0.42.01, so this old bug (2010) didn't have a high priority.

How did the script fail to work? By not achieving anything or by displaying an error?

I had no idea how to use your script, I just took it and clicked on the trouble visitors and then I entered the code into DFhack.

I will wait for the spring to come, so no diplomat should be there and then I change the Gobo to the exp.leader post. This bug is very frustrating.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2018, 02:59:27 am »

I had no idea how to use your script, I just took it and clicked on the trouble visitors and then I entered the code into DFhack.

I will wait for the spring to come, so no diplomat should be there and then I change the Gobo to the exp.leader post. This bug is very frustrating.
I'm not sure I understand what your script problem is, so I apologize if what I say is trivial:
The script should be saved as a "text" file named "unblockmeetings.lua" in the <DF>\hack\scripts directory. Then it should be invoked from the DFHack console by typing "unblockmeetings" (without the quotes).
The script doesn't use a target: it's intended to be usable even if you don't know who the meeting blocker is.
When invoked, the script should say it's deleting X meeting requests and Y activities, as well as listing actor and noble activities removed. If no actor and noble activities are reported as removed, the script didn't find anything to remove.