Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to get the woodcutter workin to chop trees  (Read 369 times)

janamdo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How to get the woodcutter workin to chop trees
« on: January 26, 2018, 05:07:29 pm »

How to get this dwarf chopping? ..he is drinking now  :)
U... unit list... I am lost here with g , i , p , z  abrreviated  .. please write this complete..it is now not handy 

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How to get the woodcutter workin to chop trees
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2018, 05:37:30 pm »

Eating, drinking, and sleeping are required to sustain their life, so dorfs do that.
To get a dorf to chop trees you have to designate trees for chopping (d-t) at their base (if you do that in the canopy they'll only chop the tree if they can get there, which they usually can't).
The dorf also has to have the woodcutter profession enabled and be equipped with an axe (not a wooden training one), so you need to make sure there's an axe available (so all of them haven't been taken by militia).
The dorf mustn't be enlisted in the militia, as the woodcutter "uniform" conflicts with the militia one, and if you get it to work at all, the woodcutter needs one axe for cutting and another one for soldiering.
Burrows restricting their access to the trees mustn't be in effect, and there has to be a path to the trees (no locked doors blocking hte exit, no mining that's accidentally removed the ramp/stairs to the surface).

Sarmatian123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2018, 12:22:35 pm »

Disable all hauling jobs on the Dwarf in question and you will see trees being fallen down as soon as he/she is done sleeping, eating and drinking. Unless there is some urgent need (in purple) to attend temple or tavern. In those last cases... Don't remove location. Just switch active on their fields to off.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2018, 10:25:06 pm »

Also, woodcutting, mining and hunting are mutually exclusive labours.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479