Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Squad Sparring And Weapon Familarity  (Read 584 times)

Lesurous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Squad Sparring And Weapon Familarity
« on: January 26, 2018, 01:57:07 am »

Would be cool to have squads spar against eachother, could have an activity zone meant for such a thing, as well as making more sense than dwarves sparring in their sleeping quarters. Allows them to gain weapon levels through fighting varied opponents.

The benefit would be dependent on something I'd like to see, which is for weapon skill levels to also affect the dwarf's ability to defend against said weapons. Essentially, a dwarf would also know how to defend himself against his given weapon rather than only how to use it. I'm sure there's something like this already implemented (legendary warriors are good at fighting and not getting hit), but it'd be an interesting thing to see having more than one weapon skill be applicable at a time. 

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Squad Sparring And Weapon Familarity
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2018, 03:42:08 am »

What would be tremendous is if they did it spontaneously (perhaps a single option in the military menu to disallow it). Would be so much fun to see one squad suddenly raid the barracks of another or ambush their patrol resulting in almost, nearly, non-lethal scrapping.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2018, 06:02:27 am »

What would be tremendous is if they did it spontaneously (perhaps a single option in the military menu to disallow it). Would be so much fun to see one squad suddenly raid the barracks of another or ambush their patrol resulting in almost, nearly, non-lethal scrapping.
+1
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2018, 06:15:19 am »

I'd love that, would give a lot of good skills too.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.