Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Raiding sites  (Read 895 times)

xaldin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Raiding sites
« on: January 23, 2018, 04:04:53 pm »

Has anyone been attacked/retaliated against by a necromancer tower that would otherwise be out of range because you sent dwarfs to raid it?  I'm interested in if that is a thing or if I still have to embark in a tower range to see necromancers attack at all.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Raiding sites
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 05:42:18 pm »

Has anyone been attacked/retaliated against by a necromancer tower that would otherwise be out of range because you sent dwarfs to raid it?  I'm interested in if that is a thing or if I still have to embark in a tower range to see necromancers attack at all.
There's an issue with the raid mechanic recognising non-historical figures right now (that's most zombies) so most raiders just slip in unnoticed. That makes this pretty hard to Science right now.

Also, retaliation wars are declared on a civ level. So Towers might not do it anyway (requires science of course). You'd also have to make sure there's no other dwarf sites in between you and the far off tower or they may end up attacking them instead (unless they're specifically coming to get their books back).

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 08:33:10 pm »

Try stealing their slab, they might come after that.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 10:38:25 pm »

If they see you, which they probably won't due to the non hist-fig issue (hard Science, gotta take the slab back every time).

The only way they'd find out about it later is if a spy from the tower heard about it at the tavern. Hmmm, which one's the zombie spy...? :)

YomToxic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2018, 12:34:37 pm »

That's just asking for this to happen.