Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: noble titles  (Read 2045 times)

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: noble titles
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2018, 05:22:58 pm »

I haven't had slade bed demands, I think, but I definitely have had demands for beds that cannot be produced (various kinds of metal is common). However, unmet demands do not result in the murder or random productive dorfs, just a grumpy noble.

h27kim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2018, 09:26:24 pm »

Export bans are rarely disruptive anyway. If Vucar McNoble doesn't want catapult parts sold abroad it isn't that hard to indulge him, and even if they do forbid something inconvenient like a particular type of craft you can just produce the others separately now. The days of slade bed demands are long gone as well, and similarly it isn't too hard to just make Vucar his cabinets.

It can be disruptive if you have 4 barons (and all of them are "foreign"), plus the mayor, all of whom like trivial items like bags and barrels.  I can handle one mayor and one noble or even two, especially if I can choose who gets the title, but having a bunch of foreign nobles that you did not choose banning exports of marketable goods (especially if they suddenly ban exports when caravans are about to leave) can be very disruptive--especially if you don't know what they are going to ban next.   :(

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2018, 09:30:21 pm »

I have a Mayor/Baronness that wants me to make anvils. Thank god I have iron, but it gets annoying every once in a while. I do have the justice system and nice jail cells set up.

This game makes me wonder desperately about my choices of ethics.
Quote from: Urist McDwarfFortress
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2018, 03:23:08 am »

The stupid nobles have very short spans of attention. That means they only care about you producing mandated items. They don't care about what you do once they've been produced, which means the anvils can be melted down again to provide raw material for future mandates.
Pages: 1 [2]