Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My fortresses have no picks  (Read 966 times)

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
My fortresses have no picks
« on: January 04, 2018, 01:33:55 pm »

So for some reason whenever I generate a world none of the races have picks. I thought it might have something to do with the custom races. But when I just had a vanilla save with just dwarves they don't have picks either! I am using dfhack is this a known problem? Something to do with dfhack? Or what? I can't get the createitem script working either refusing to create anything so I have no way of getting picks.
The scouts have been fighting a giant capuchin for the past month now. They still haven't killed it.

Obsidian 1053

The Sentries are still fighting the capuchin. For two monthes they have done nothing but punch this monkey.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My fortresses have no picks
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 01:46:54 pm »

Most probably your modding has caused the problem. The mod sub forum is probably a better place to ask for advice to resolve failed modding attempts. I've never heard of any actual vanilla save failing to provide dorfs with picks. It might either be your mods or a tile set that's not adjusted to match those mods (or something else...).

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 05:31:12 pm »

Try downloading vanilla again. Most likely you've deleted something useful by mistake somewhere.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2018, 12:26:35 am »

Are you using an embark profile? Those don't always include picks and they expect you to forge your own as soon as you embark.