Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]

Author Topic: Cult Race: Chaos  (Read 16580 times)

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
Re: Cult Race: Chaos
« Reply #285 on: December 07, 2017, 10:33:47 pm »

Quote from: Votebox so we keep track of the votes.
Communications (Vox Casters) (2): Archangel, Taricus
Vox Ex Deus (4): RAM, Fallacy, Sprinkled Chariot, Piratejoe
There, now we don't have a tie and can finally continue...
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: December 08, 2017, 02:09:21 am »

Vox Ex Deus
Efficacy: 5 Cost: 6 Bugs: 3

“Vox Ex Deus”, also known as “the cup-string communicae of doom” is currently being recorded in the annals of the cult as being proof that an idea can be both “ambitious” and “successful”. The theory seems to be entirely sound, with a small rent being opened to the warp, and then with various magics and rituals being narrowed and filtered until it outputs only auditory information... theoretically.

In practice, containing the warp is an agonising affair, with various mind-affecting phenomena being blasted from the receiver at random intervals. Certain archomages on testing have also complained of a reoccurring issue wherein sound from the “cup” will become inexplicably quiet, with commanding voices being reduced to sinister whispers just below the range of hearing as our acolytes strain to make out their words, followed by a literally ear-piercing clap of thunder and the raucous laughs of pink horrors.
Despite this, it should take only minor fixes for some additional protections and failsafes to be put upon the receiver, in case anything of notable power were to attempt to use it for more nefarious purposes.

Pointing the metaphysical end of the tendril has also been an annoying endeavour, which many bugs in the fine control department. The general “zone” of the tendril can be easily shifted by maintaining a steady presence of aligned energy around the receiver- meaning it has now become a new hub for games of dice and wordplay, whilst acts of carnage, indulgence and ill hygiene are currently being suppressed.

It currently satisfies the requirements for interstellar communications, however contacting the alpha legion or realspace with it will require a higher degree of specificity.
Until then, the only question is “Who has the other cup?”
WHO HAS THE OTHER CUP?

Cup chamber Vox Ex Deus Ritual Site
Once Off: 270 Manpower, 100 Civilian Resources, 30 Military Resources, 5% Alarm
It doesn’t “do” much. But with interstellar communication at your fingertips, it can “be” any number of things.

It is now the revision phase. You have 3 dice remaining
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 02:57:50 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: December 08, 2017, 10:12:07 pm »

Well I think that we need revisions to get the comms to the alpha, which, ehh, I guess we really do want next turn, but then no second design now... I would like to have more designs to revise all at once, but if we can think up some good revisions then I'll change my vote. I just don't want to go to bed with lots of dice left unspent.
1: RAM: Tyber
0: : Go directly to revisions, do not pass The Astronomicon, do not collect 200 sanity.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 31, 2018, 05:33:23 am »

Uh, no designs in the revision phase sorry RAM.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 31, 2018, 09:11:53 am »

Containment Runes:
We research magic runes to better contain the Warp and make our Vox Ex Deus safer.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 31, 2018, 02:18:27 pm »

Containment Runes: 5
The runes have been of varying success. Whilst they do have a baseline ability to temper the warp phenomena surrounding the 'cup', it has been found that the runes are more effective when 'charged'.
How do we charge runes, you ask? Currently, human sacrifice seems to be working rather swimmingly.

Vox Ex Deus Ritual Site
Once Off: 270 Manpower, 100 Civilian Resources, 30 Military Resources, 5% Alarm

One manpower per turn: +25% effectiveness
Ten Manpower per turn: +50% effectiveness
One Hundred Manpower per turn: +100% effectiveness

A room filled with glowing runes and a single ominous brass conch. Whisper. Listen. Understand.

It is now the construction and deployment phase

(Have an updated list)

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Forces (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Resources (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Alert (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Infrastructure (click to show/hide)

Technology
Spoiler: Units (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Vehicles (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gear (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tactics (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Knowledge (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Projects (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 02:31:53 pm by Tack »

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: February 01, 2018, 03:26:08 pm »

So, anyone have any thoughts?
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: February 01, 2018, 03:53:41 pm »

I have a thought, it is "I don't wanna do maths"...

We probably want the Vox to get the Alpha legion, which is presumably worthwhile though I don't actually know anything specific about them. I am hoping that we can pay for it in instalments if we want to...

Our alert is much lower than theirs, so we can afford it.

We may as well save our military equipment for Alpha legion next turn.

So.. wave of cultists?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]