Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dwarf fortress D&D - Ideas needed  (Read 4419 times)

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf fortress D&D - Ideas needed
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2018, 01:15:19 pm »

Don't worry, all the civs look super mixed, so it'll feel right for a not entirely Dwarven party

How mixed are we talking? Can you provide a copy of the save perhaps please?

It used to be the case that there were forts completely inhabited by horses and livestock, in the hundreds. That's less of a problem these days now that forts are in towns.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

DauntlessGolem

• Bay Watcher
  • New player, lets go.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2018, 01:28:55 pm »

Ah, yes, might be good to ask now; what sort of general tone are you aiming for? Humourous, light-hearted adventure or something more sombre?

Well considering Dwarf Fortress isn't the happiest kind of world, I was going to keep it more serious, but there are so many shenanigans that people have experienced it would feel wrong not to add some DF humor here or there. So serious with occasional humorous bits.

DauntlessGolem

• Bay Watcher
  • New player, lets go.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2018, 01:40:25 pm »

Don't worry, all the civs look super mixed, so it'll feel right for a not entirely Dwarven party

How mixed are we talking? Can you provide a copy of the save perhaps please?

It used to be the case that there were forts completely inhabited by horses and livestock, in the hundreds. That's less of a problem these days now that forts are in towns.

Not sharing the save yet, That would potentially spoil to many things, as I am going to share my player's story on the forums. However, here's the three biggest civs, excluding the elves.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This is honestly the most of other races I've seen in other forts, so it looks like this world is used to dwarves, humans, and occasionally elves working together. Genuinely more goblins than I thought though.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2018, 05:15:40 pm »

This is honestly the most of other races I've seen in other forts, so it looks like this world is used to dwarves, humans, and occasionally elves working together. Genuinely more goblins than I thought though.

Ah yes, difference between Dwarf Fortress and D&D:

Goblins can and will inhabit and completely integrate into dwarven civilisations. In fact, your dwarves don't seem to give a shit about it. The mayor or baron can be a "goblin drunk".
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Killgoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2018, 02:19:07 pm »

The adventurers slay the dragon to complete the quest they travelled an entire continent to complete and upon returning (again crossing the continent) and reporting their victory they are met with "It was inevitable" and no reward.
Pages: 1 [2]