Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Forum Game Requests: roseheart(GameBoyBlue)  (Read 510 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Forum Game Requests: roseheart(GameBoyBlue)
« on: January 04, 2018, 06:28:52 pm »

You come up with refreshing new concepts of games all the time.

I strongly admire people that always move forward, seek new experiences. I however find that atleast some of the time, I like to revisit some of my old games, and bring a fresh look to them. As roseheart and GameBoyBlue I have been making forum games here for years now. My offer now is for you to help guide my hand, when I am feeling in a nestalgic mood. This will be like a suggestion game, post a link to one of my games, or quote someone else and +1. You can vote for as many different titles as you wish, just so long as there is atleast some chance you would like to play it, if I did rehost it.

You may also request tweaks to the game, or suggest games I talked about hosting or did create but were not started.

Addit: I will also consider requests for me to take a spin on a popular genre, or a brand new challenge you'd like to put to me.

I love to collaborate with other game hosts, too.

Requests

Challenges
+2 Remake Supernerd's Gridland Survival
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 03:24:52 am by roseheart »
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
Re: Forum Game Requests: roseheart(GameBoyBlue)
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 07:29:00 pm »

Lets see here...

On of the coolest experiences I get, is the rare occasion where someone hosts a game that I used to host. I'd really like a chance to play something like Gridland Survival. I think there were a couple of aspects of that game I could have handled better.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 08:41:06 pm »

Hmm, you and I should put our heads together with FallacyofUrist, the two of us have off and on tried to make self sustaining games, which is one way to 'play your own game'.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2018, 09:37:15 pm »

A self sustaining game like an RPG or something would be pretty cool if we could get it to work...

Maybe we could try something along the lines of... Having two games, "Game A" and "Game B". Everyone in Game A would act as a GM in Game B and everyone in Game B would act as a GM in Game A. Prior to an update, a player would post in the game thread saying "Pending update" so that multiple people aren't working on an update simultaneously, after which they must post an update within one hour. Maybe also a rule stating that an update should not trigger unless every player posted or 24 hours passed or something?

Its not an easy concept to perfect.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2018, 09:42:10 pm »

I once did a fun little project: DM vs GM. It was interesting.

I also did a few midieval games, that involved the guildmasters running different aspects: the thiefmaster controlled pm secret actions/theft, the guards opened and closed the gates to change the time of day.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2018, 01:42:01 am »

I've contemplated a self sustaining game as well. Its difficult, but i believe it would be possible. Also, i'd very much play a gridland reboot. I never got off the waiting to join list  :P

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2018, 05:56:39 am »

bloop
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 08:01:31 am by roseheart »
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.