Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Intra Fortress hostility  (Read 747 times)

Montieth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Intra Fortress hostility
« on: December 16, 2017, 02:33:23 am »

So, with the new version 44.02, I've noticed a bit of hostility between my dwarves. I've had something looking like a bit of a low grade loyalty cascade that DFHack's alpha version didn't recognize. It specifically falls around Barons that have appear to be from other fortresses that have taken up residence. My own primary was offered the Barony and he became the Baron if this fortress. One of the immigrants took exception to one of the migrant barons and there was a fight that resulted in some death of the Baron.

The most recent example is quite interesting though.

My monster slayer who's in one of my Squads, was spat at by the other of the 2 migrant Barons. This showed up in the Combat Reports. How interesting....
*“Under the Mountain dark and tall The King has come unto his hall! His foe is dead, the Worm of Dread, And ever so his foes shall fall.
*The sword is sharp, the spear is long, The arrow swift, the Gate is strong; The heart is bold that looks on gold; The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.
*The dwarves of yore made mighty spells, While hammers fells like ringing bells In places deep, where dark things sleep, In hollow halls beneath the fells.
-from The Hobbit (Dwarves Battle Song)”

Grand Sage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Intra Fortress hostility
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2017, 10:13:06 am »

Spitting, I belive, can occure if your Slayer killed someone the baron didn't recognise as evil, or had a tight relationship with. One common example is the killing of werewolves (which also can lead to bigger loyalty cascades, but you probably knew that).

A new, violent thing that has been added is artefact claims. Somewhere in this forum I saw a post about an adventurer who walked into a room full of nobles shouting at each other to drop there respectiv artefact, and then proceeding to bash each others heads in with said artefacts. Could this have happend in your fort?

If this persists, I belive there is an option in one of the DF files (one of the Init.txt ore something like that) to let you see what people are saying to each other. You might find out why they are fighting there.
Dwarf Fortress: This feature has one or more outstanding bugs. Please visit the Bugs section for details.

And I drank the mosquito paste