Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: dfHack df_28_181_40d windows binaries  (Read 1520 times)

mstram

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
dfHack df_28_181_40d windows binaries
« on: December 05, 2017, 10:28:34 am »

Does anybody have dfHack df_28_181_40d windows binaries ?

« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 03:09:32 pm by mstram »

ancient_vampire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

mstram

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: dfHack df_28_181_40d windows binaries
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, 03:10:47 pm »

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2017, 04:16:32 pm »

Look for the old dfhack threads.
Old Windows package for DF 40dxx: 0.2.1

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2017, 04:38:59 pm »

I'm kind of curious why people play old versions. Is v0.28 back when Dwarf Fortress had currency system and the dwarves were more moody?

mstram

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2017, 04:49:07 pm »

I'm kind of curious why people play old versions.

If the game was "backward-data" compatible, there would be no need to use old versions (umm something like IBM mainframe OS software ;)

There are a bunch of "computing / logic" saves, I'm interested in, all in old versions of DF.

And I'd like to use dfHack to :  a) just be able to operate them,  b) figure out how they're working.

E.g. :

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=1929

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2017, 06:44:07 pm »

Back in 40d, DFHack was just a stand-alone memory access library used with tools like reveal.exe - integration within Dwarf Fortress itself (i.e. with its own Console window, and Lua/Ruby scripts) didn't happen until version 0.31.

However, I have since backported "modern" DFHack to version 0.28.181.40d (non-SDL, i.e. Legacy) and 0.23.130.23a - the sources are available on GitHub and can be built using MSVC 2010 (though, in theory, any version should work).
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

mstram

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2017, 02:47:44 pm »

https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/releases/tag/0.2.1 might also work, or http://dethware.org/dfhack/download/

Thanks, I had downloaded that before, but your link also had the source code, which I didn't have.

Heh, even after looking at the source code for buildingsdump.cpp, and dfitemdump.cpp, I can't tell what input the programs are looking for !

Well dfitemdump, at least says that you can enter 'q', or the "helpful" phrase (or) " anything else to look up items at that location".

What does it mean by "anything else" ?   Is it looking for a valid "item / item name ?"

I tried just pressing enter, and it crashed.

As for buildingsdump, I gave it 'building_lever 1", for args, and got back a bunch of hex numbers. What are they ?

The main thing I want to use dfhack for is to trace where levers and traps (pressure plates, gears), etc are linked together.

I'm looking around for the "offline vs2010" installer, I had awhile ago to try to build the "new" src that Quietust posted.