Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Attribute Cap  (Read 1626 times)

Ansgar111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Attribute Cap
« on: December 04, 2017, 12:45:33 pm »

Hi everyone, I just wanted to ask if there is any way to check the attribute cap for my dwarves with dfhack?
Usually I mod in a pretty much unlimited attribute cap before I gen a new world, but this time I forgot it and modded it in the savegame files. But I am not sure if it worked, because DT doesn't show the new cap.
Thanks in advance :)

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Attribute Cap
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 01:05:47 pm »

I can't answer your question, but why don't you use Legends Mode to export the seeds of you world (I think the command is 'p'), mod your dorflings as you'd like, and regenerate the same world with the retrieved seeds? I would guess that mod wouldn't affect world gen.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 03:24:46 pm »

Hi everyone, I just wanted to ask if there is any way to check the attribute cap for my dwarves with dfhack?
Usually I mod in a pretty much unlimited attribute cap before I gen a new world, but this time I forgot it and modded it in the savegame files. But I am not sure if it worked, because DT doesn't show the new cap.
Thanks in advance :)

If you want to just look at one unit you can use gui/gm-editor, then IIRC physical attributes are under body.physical_attributes and mental attributes are under status.current_soul.mental_attributes. The units current and max will be listed there. It's possible your change will affect new units but won't change old units. I'm not sure, I've never really done savegame file editing.

Ansgar111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 04:36:13 pm »

I will see with my next migrant wave, if my raw changes are working and you were on point with the commands :)

Thanks a lot, this was exactly what I was looking for :)