Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: "No tissue thickness"  (Read 1080 times)

CasualScrub

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Computer Desk [CLT]
    • View Profile
"No tissue thickness"
« on: December 04, 2017, 06:15:06 pm »

I know, it's the bane of every newb creature modder, but I've trudged through six hours' worth of wiki articles, forum posts, and even Reddit.  I am truly stumped, and if anyone could point out what I did wrong, I'd be really thankful.

Here's the custom body:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Now the body plan:

The tissue template:

And lastly, the modified creature file: (ctrl+f\\)

The error log isn't anything special: if you've seen one "NTT" error, you've seen this one.

I've probably just overlooked something basic, and will feel really stupid once I'm corrected.  But feeling stupid is better than feeling frustrated.  I think.  :-\

And yeah, the names for pretty much all the things were censored replaced with BPN*.  If there's a discrepancy here, it's likely just an oversight I made while trying to get shit past the censors making the files more readable.  Off colour jokes aside, thanks in advance for any help you guys are willing to give.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: "No tissue thickness"
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 08:29:48 pm »

I imagine this is a genitalia mod, in vanilla you will notice right after [BODY]

Body detail plans are called to "layer" the tissues where they need to be. Just as you've defined who gets what naughty bit in the castes, in the SELECT_CASTE:ALL you want to call your new TISSUE_LAYER_LAYERs body detail plan, and most likely the BDP that also defines those tissues (can't layer a tissue if it's not defined yet)

CasualScrub

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Computer Desk [CLT]
    • View Profile
Re: "No tissue thickness"
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 08:38:46 pm »

Thanks for the reply.

You know the weird thing, though?  I'd thought of just that right before checking back on here.  I made a tweak to the creature file, and lo, it was fixed.

You can't put layers on body parts that don't exist yet.

Thanks again.