Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Weapon Trap Crash Question  (Read 1004 times)

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
Weapon Trap Crash Question
« on: November 30, 2017, 11:27:34 pm »

In the previous version the game would crash if a weapon broke in a weapon trap. Does the game still crash?

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Weapon Trap Crash Question
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2017, 11:44:50 pm »

In the previous version the game would crash if a weapon broke in a weapon trap. Does the game still crash?
Two ways to answer this question.
1) It was fixed. Exactly as it says on the bug tracker and the devblog for the release.

2) Nobody's actually tested to see if the fix works. There are a lot of new bugs to be looked at, I doubt anyone has enough time right now to test if things which have been fixed have actually been fixed. Why not test it yourself? If it crashes, please report it.

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2017, 12:21:53 am »

I have not actively tested it myself. However earlier it crashed way before the massive amount of siegers had plowed in them then what my current fort have lived through. Seems to work.
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...

Maul_Junior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2017, 02:04:34 am »

deja vu. I asked this question either yesterday or the day before.

I'm planning on pissing off some local goblins and hoping they siege me.

gonna set up weapon corridors with lots of blunt weapons to help protect vs undead. yay pulping.
Quote from: Meph
I didn't actually say this.

Quote from: smurfingtonthethird
there is nothing funnier than watching a goblin army get assaulted by hundreds of war chickens.

Any new discovery, sufficiently weaponize, is indistinguishable from !!FUN!!

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2017, 01:46:18 pm »

To test this one out, I'd recommend getting a map with sand and magma. The weapon breakage generally involved +green glass serrated disc+ weapons breaking, because they wear out fast particularly against armoured opponents. Unfortunately, my latest fortress won't have sand unless I mod a sandy soil to actually be sand, or I can find sand in the caverns.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Astrid

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2017, 03:02:05 pm »

To test this one out, I'd recommend getting a map with sand and magma. The weapon breakage generally involved +green glass serrated disc+ weapons breaking, because they wear out fast particularly against armoured opponents. Unfortunately, my latest fortress won't have sand unless I mod a sandy soil to actually be sand, or I can find sand in the caverns.
Use wooden weapons, they shouldnt last much longer.

thesocialshift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2017, 03:32:45 pm »

I've had about 15 green glass serrated discs break and no crash for me as of yet.