Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: (Metathread) Forum Game Factory - Ideas, Mechanics, Concepts, Fluff, and more!  (Read 419 times)

Iris

• Bay Watcher
  • A paradox of love and righteous sin
    • View Profile

Since the last... God knows how many threads on this topic were locked, and I don't actually know of any threads that are still extant, and mostly because I am terrible at doing things myself and want to show off my progress, I decided to make this thread!

Consider it as a successor to Gamer's Block (since that thread is extremely large and may be intimidating to a lot of people). Put an idea in if you can't GM it, take an idea out if you're bored. This can also serve as a "workshop" of sorts for those who want to fine-tune their ideas or just a place to show off what you're working on. Discuss the ideas, smash together mechanics, or just share cool fluff for games you'll never make!

To start the thread off, here are some snippets of an OP I am writing.

Quote from: My short written summary of the concept
A dark, somewhat post-apocalyptic environment. Fight against dark reflections of magic and technology by using your own dark spells. Know that everything has a price to pay.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2022, 01:53:12 am by Iris »
Quote from: AseaHeru (on Discord), Monday, June 20, 2022 10:41 PM
I still want the D. The D is love, the D is life. The D is bully.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
That night when we dove in
But now I'm sinking

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile

*claps*
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Iris

• Bay Watcher
  • A paradox of love and righteous sin
    • View Profile

As I continue to work on this concept, a thought occurs: What makes a good game? Besides the obvious (good mechanics, good writing) what is different about a good game that keeps people coming back for more?

I'm not entirely sure of the answer, but it's a good question.
Quote from: AseaHeru (on Discord), Monday, June 20, 2022 10:41 PM
I still want the D. The D is love, the D is life. The D is bully.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
That night when we dove in
But now I'm sinking