Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Calamities of the new gods  (Read 6271 times)

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Calamities of the new gods
« Reply #105 on: October 16, 2017, 06:35:59 pm »

Minor Act: Spread the Uniporcs to the plains.

Lu moves to the Heartlands, resummons Atu for 1 act, and claims/activates Mithra's core. Atu is tasked with defending Lu and chasing off any who approach the god as he claims the artifact.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 09:01:19 am by Roboson »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 16, 2017, 06:49:50 pm »

1 Act to cause the Innovative Discovery lesser calamity in the Rivershore, hopefully something to help my people deal with the influx of plantlife.

Meanwhile, in the Heartlands...
Ahoy there, Lu! A simple proposition for you: I will back you and help to protect you from thieves as you use the Core, on the condition that you agree to consult me before using the Great Act that will come of it.

[Also, Jerick, what about my servants, the craftsman/speaker and the hunter? They're also at the Rivershore, and have been for a while. Y'know, Zeta and Aleph.]

Note: The Mad Artificer will receive the Tools of the Smith when they arrive in the Rivershore.

EDIT: In addition, use minor Acts to continue sending all the craftsmen everywhere good dreams, comforting dreams, dreams that make it feel like everything will be alright, no matter the current circumstances. Both Priory and enslaved craftsmen get images of a river in these dreams.

Furthermore, Aleph is to inform the non-addict River Vri to not eat the spreading mushrooms, but that the addict Vri desire them, and that they may be useful for trade purposes.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 12:51:49 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 16, 2017, 07:07:51 pm »

I head to the Mithra Heartlands, and offer to help any who would be willing to worship me, Spending my act to heal the ill, provide edible(rather bland) food such as manna to those who can't find enough food, lead the lost around with balls of rather dim light, and generally be useful.
(I'm using my act for a large number of minor acts)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 07:09:32 pm by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 16, 2017, 07:48:18 pm »

Settlement goal has been achieved, now onto next step of Great Migration and into the Great Dissension. The Rivershore and Swamp Tribes are propagating, but small, too small that their are just a handful of a group of people. This entity first objective, must achieve population growth and clearance of plants for settlement of a swamp addict tribe. The Wiseman and Adviser are the o as who are mediating the swamp addict tribe, and as this entity's servants they shall bring forth prosperity to their Swamp Tribe.

1 Act: X'arilyg sees the usefulness and advantages in the Vriberries and their ability to increase population at a dramatic pace through twins and triplets. X'arilyg draws down onto the Bay and grabs some of the Vriberries and their respective seeds. The alterations that the god performs, to increase their ability to diversify to a different form of biome, the swamp biome. These swamp berries that are grown onto a bush, have the mutations to survive in a marsh land. These berry bushes have elongated roots for stability in the dirt and mud, and let's them get access to the stagnant water. These new berries shall be called Marshberries, they have a white pigment to them, and just like the Vriberries will increase the chance of twins and triplets, a method to encourage population growth. Their seeds and berries shall be brought onto the swampland.

Minor Act 1: the Prophet Wiseman with his Meteorite Staff shall clear a proper area of land from the mud of the swamp, a dedicated area where their tribe can begin to propagate. Also as the Tribal Leader, it his goal to tell the addict tribe  that the new Marshberries are a great source of addiction, just like the mushrooms, and should incorporate these food into their diets.
Minor Act 2: The Adviser will have to handle the influx of babies, she will acts as the swamp tribe's caretaker, and will handle the children and babies that shall be massively propagated from the addict tribe

Now onto the Rivershore and all of its varying degrees of different Vri tribes, so much diversity!, X'arilyg goes to Acter and first begin its method of communication.

This entity has need of the Tools of the Smith that was given to one of your servants, as the terms of the agreement, X'arilyg has need of this artifact, and requests that you give them back so that I shall be able to have one of my followers, the follower who made four artifacts, remember
Request back the Tools of the Smith, artifact, from Acter

Finally, X'arilyg goes to the Cultivator servant of the handful of addicts who are in the , and expressed its will to the servant

Now Cultivator, as the leader of the addict tribe. Your goal is of stability and propagation. Make sure the handful of addicts don't start conflict and than begin your method of agriculture. I shall bring you some Vriberries that should only be given to the addict tribes, don't let the River or Mithra tribes get their hands on these berries, only grow them in "designated" the Rivershore addict zone. If these fruits are unsuccessful in the Rivershore, due to competition, than just begin agriculture of the shrooms.

Minor Act 3: Some of the Vriberries that were taken from the Bay, were not modified as Marshberries. They shall be given to the Cultivator and make an attempt to spread to the "addict space" of the Rivershore.
Minor Act 4: The Cultivator shall be given the objective of growing the Vriberries into the "addict space" of the Rivershore. Also acts as a mediator and diplomat for the addict tribe in the Rivershore. Make sure no goddamn berries grow to river or mithra Vri space.
Minor Act 5: Also the Cultivator and Rivershore addict tribe can try to encourage converts from the river and mithra people in the Rivershore, by encouraging and recommending the eating of these shrooms, which will turn them into addict converts

Meanwhile, while X'arilyg had left the Tree of Souls, and his fellow avatar, the Mad Artificer, the mad artificer was to begin his own discussion of Lisr. An interesting individual since X'arilyg remembers that Lisr taught the Original Wiseman, the ability to overcome schizophrenia

"I greet you, fellow avatar of another god. I am the great servant, known by my nickname as the Mad Artificer, I work with the God of the True Mind, with my time I have meditated and worked with my god, and I have learned that he is more than a god of insanity, he is a god that values intelligence and knowledge, in its own words, my god wants to "awaken the mind".

As a humble servant who created four artifacts, and you seemed to have created another magical artifact. I must ask some fellow questions, servant of the tea

The God of the True Mind, says you have met the original wiseman from the plains. The God of the True Mind had blessed him with the ability to see hallucinations until you made him more wise by giving him tea, their are two questions to be asked here. First off, how did you see such a mortal with the blessing of a True Mind?, was it magnificent or weird that he could see things that you could not see? Secondly, how did you make the Wiseman from the Plains, have the ability to endure this blessing? Was it from this magical tea?

Another set of questions is towards that magical artifact that looks like a smoking pipe. The True Mind, has said that artifact was not created by the Tea God who lived in the mountains, of this "priory". Did you personally create an artifact of such power, or as it given to you by some such magical force? And conclusively, what does this magical Pipe do? The True Mind says that it should make people more "calm", is this what it does?, make mortals more "calm"
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 07:50:57 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 18, 2017, 04:54:51 am »

Fires burnt themselves out. Diaq coughed up a few more clouds of ash, then slumbered. Exkit... was unsatisfied. There had not been enough fire. His rage had not been spent. With great difficulty he forced down his burning anger, and set about preparing the world such that next time, there was much more to be burnt.

Exkit returned to Diaq, recalling Stob to join him there. He took snow from the surrounding mountains, and mixed it with the ash that the eruption had released, forming a smooth mud. He took some of this mud, and covered parts of Stob with it, before baking it solid with his fire. Thus Stob was clothed, to match the Vri, in furs of volcanic clay, which augmented his strength, letting his voice reach that much further.
The remainder of the mud Exkit formed into another Vri, larger than Stob, which like his brothers before him, he filled with his life-giving fire. This one he named Orird, the architect.

Act: Create/Augment Servants: Orird (Lvl 4 Architect, Lvl 2 Teacher). Upgrade Stob (Lvl 4 Preacher -> Lvl 5 Preacher)

Stob was sent forth again, with a new message:
-Exkit's rage has subsided. You may return to Diaq.
-Your offerings, though meagre, have been accepted.
-Now, the flames of new growth must burst forth from the ashes of destruction. Create great works to please the god of fire.
-Know Orird, the new servant of Exkit, heed his words, and build the Temple of Flame on the slopes of Diaq.

Orird awaited the arrival of the Vri. In his hands were tools, and in his voice were strange ideas. He would teach them to carve stone, to weave Blazereed, and to assemble them into structures. Simple, at first. He would direct them to apply these skills in the construction of a small temple to Exkit, where pilgrims might gather to praise his name.

Have Orird teach the Vri pilgrims simple construction, and direct them to build the Temple of Flame.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 11:23:58 am by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 22, 2017, 11:18:04 am »

1 Act: Teach my tribe how to make poisons from my tea plants that cause excruciating pain that paralyses within seconds. Tell them to  dip the point of their spears with it when dealing with the enemy.

1 Act: Create the Dire Alpacas from my domesticated alpacas. Their wool is matted in a way to create a rudimentary 'armour', have sharp teeth, great endurance, and a corrosive spit. Also tend to be friendly towards Priori Vri and quite loyal towards their riders. Tell the Vri that the Dire Alpacas can be used to trample the Mountain Vri, or spit at them from afar. May also be used as a pack animal in the Mountains.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 11:25:37 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]