Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Human hammer man ''Lord vampire" is visiting your fort.  (Read 1189 times)

Shadowdragon00

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill the elves with the bear you "borrowed"
    • View Profile
Human hammer man ''Lord vampire" is visiting your fort.
« on: October 08, 2017, 10:28:05 am »

Yep,I got that exact message.Only when I view the guy, His name is re,Imortality. Isn't that a little suspicious?This is my first vampire so I shouldn't know but aren't vampires not supposed be obvious?Also what do I do? Waite for him to kill some one or send the army out to kill him before he reaches the fort.Please help.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Human hammer man ''Lord vampire" is visiting your fort.
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2017, 11:23:08 am »

Currently vampire visitors are clearly displayed as such when announced. However, when viewed, they typically have their secret identity, so if you miss the announcement you missed the identification. In our case the name looks rather buggy, which is something I haven't heard of previously.

How you deal with it is your business. Since there is nothing you can do to restrict visitor's access from any place you want your dwarves to go (short of locking the fortress up or killing all visitors petitioning along with the vampires) I kill them (which require a bit of care, as the buggers are undead, and thus won't tire from running, so you need to corner them and the pile your militia on top of 'em).
When there are means to deal with visitor vampires using fortress means I will, but you can't post guards to stop them, use triggers to catch them, and militia stationed so they see vampires draining people generally don't lift a finger, so that's a fair bit into the future (unless artifact guarding is introduced and provides some useful means for visitor access restrictions).

Shadowdragon00

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill the elves with the bear you "borrowed"
    • View Profile
Re: Human hammer man ''Lord vampire" is visiting your fort.
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2017, 03:52:43 pm »

Thanks a ton!