Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How do you get a workshop to produce modded left and right hand gauntlets?  (Read 797 times)

csparrow

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

So I'm trying to make the elves fully playable in fortress mode for myself and i got a lot of the kinks ironwooded out but one thing still eludes me, how can i make them produce left hand and right hand gauntlets.

*note gauntlets are being made they are just non handed.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Aranador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Am I to presume that you have actually defined an OBJECT:ITEM that is ITEM_GLOVES_GAUNTLETS_RIGHT ??  The default item doesn't try to define handed ness at the item definition level, rather it is a property of the GLOVE catagory.

csparrow

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Yes, but that had no affect

zilpin

• Bay Watcher
  • 437 forever!
    • View Profile

Last time I checked, gloves are hard coded to make a left&right pair.
You could try to write to reactions and attach DFHack scripts that trigger after item creation and deletes the opposite handed glove.

Or just write a dummy reaction that has a DFHack script to create only the handedness you want.

Don't know of any way to do it in RAW alone.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

IIRC custom reactions that make gauntlets and boots don't correctly apply handedness to them without the use of the DFHack bug fix. The reason other gloves/shoes work is because they are created through generated reactions when they are added to an entities raw