Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Odds of getting attacked?  (Read 878 times)

Shadowdragon00

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill the elves with the bear you "borrowed"
    • View Profile
Odds of getting attacked?
« on: September 30, 2017, 10:42:26 am »

I have 80 dwarfs and mayor.I am in my 6th year.Odds of getting attacked?

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Odds of getting attacked?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2017, 11:49:50 am »

What's the overall value of your fort, and what civs showed up in your "Neighbors" screen on embark?

If you want to find out for certain, make a copy of the save, go to Legends mode, and find the closest goblin site/sites of other hostile civs.

If the site has too small of a population, you'll never get invasions. Also, you might not have any accessible hostiles, as in they're stuck on the other sides of the mountains or some such.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Shadowdragon00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2017, 12:45:51 pm »

I have  harmmergoblin visiting my tavern.And I just got a forgotten beast attack in a cave I found but it's sealed of so he cant hurt me.

Shadowdragon00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2017, 12:51:23 pm »

My dwarfs immigrants are stuck on the edge of the map and I tried borrows!

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2017, 12:53:10 pm »

That's a rather meaningless question in itself. It's about as meaningful as asking what the odds of getting mugged are, without specifying where you are or anything else of interest (Dead drunk stumbling through a notorious favela where the police dare not go except in full squads at daylight, but in your case at 2 in the morning, displaying golden watches, chain links, rings, etc. should have a rather higher risk than on the Siberian tundra in a blizzard in February 500 km from the closest larger settlement).

Madman198237 covers the essentials. Is there a healthy goblin civ nearby ("nearby" could be seen pre embark in the neighbor's screen: the civ screen at the embark shows only the civs you have encountered, and goblins get added when they attack...).
Since the world activation, sieges actually come from somewhere, so even if there is a strong goblin site nearby, they may be busy whacking the sites closer to them than you, in which case you may have to wait for your turn.

If you want sieges, you need to chose your embark site with some care to ensure there's a good chance they'll actually come.

The hammer goblin is probably a member of a human civ and doesn't have any bearing on your risk of being attacked by the goblin civ. FBs appear more or less regularly until you kill them all.

Shadowdragon00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2017, 12:59:28 pm »

Could you please help with the immigrants problem.

Shadowdragon00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2017, 01:14:28 pm »

Also I just got attacked by 4 goblins and I have 20 imagrints on my border and they wont move the ran away and then just went back to the same spot soon they will die.): Help!

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2017, 02:09:44 am »

You probably would need to post a save somewhere if you want someone to solve the migrant issue for you. You can also look at the forum where another thread covers a "migrants stuck at the border" issue. That thread should be in either this sub forum or the game play questions one.

However, if you've been attacked by a first wave of 4 (it's usually 10), the odds of getting attacked were apparently 100%...