Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Making Giant Muskox War Trainable Post World Generation, Is It Possible?  (Read 703 times)

youngbab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've never done any raw editing, and from what I've heard of it you need to create a new world to do most of what you want. However, in my case, generating a new world would be out of the question, which is why I've come here to see if my wish is plausible. I recently acquired a giant muskox from an Elven caravan with the sole intent of making it war trainable through modding.

Firstly, is this possible post world-gen? Secondly, if it is possible, how would I go about doing it? Thirdly, would the method used be universal? Could I add the same tags and garner the same results? And finally, could I just make it so all "Giant" animals were auto trainable/war trainable by default?

Hopefully my request isn't too outlandish given the fact I'm trying this all post-worldgen. Thanks in advance.

TheCrazyHamsteR

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Making Giant Muskox War Trainable Post World Generation, Is It Possible?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 03:58:46 pm »

Editing already existing worlds can be tricky, as some changes will either not work, or likely cause a crash. But changing creature properties is usually safe, as long as you don't mess with its materials, tissues or body shape. The raws of existing worlds are stored in separate locations (e.g. "data/save/region1/raw" for raw files of region1). The raws for Giant Muskox are in creature_large_tundra.txt.

To make the Giant Muskox war-trainable, simply add [TRAINABLE_WAR] to its raws. This will allow all giant muskoxen in your world to be trained for war. Giant muskoxen are [BENIGN] animals though, a trait inherited from regular muskox, and will always flee instead of attacking. You might want to remove the [BENIGN] tag if you want to make them actually fight.

To easily make all giant animals trainable, edit the [CREATURE_VARIATION:GIANT] in c_variation_default.txt, which is used by all giant versions of animals. You can either add [CV_NEW_TAG:TRAINABLE_WAR] to allow war training, or [CV_NEW_TAG:TRAINABLE] for both war and hunting training.