Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: From the Ashes of the Old Empire [OOC] (6/6)  (Read 4217 times)

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: From the Ashes of the Old Empire [OOC] (6/6)
« Reply #60 on: August 25, 2017, 08:50:06 pm »

Yeah, and its impossible to tell how long until the turn is over, as you can't gauge who has posted and who has not and all that.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 25, 2017, 08:55:00 pm »

GM did say that this isn't going to be a fast paced game anyway, so someone being slow on sending their turn in will likely not be the limiting factor...

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 31, 2017, 06:38:15 pm »

The update is, despite all evidence to the contrary, in progress! Still gonna take a little more time. All of my time is currently being consumed by playing XCOM 2work.

Everything should be out by Saturday.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 31, 2017, 06:43:32 pm »

Alright! But take your time, quality > quantity after all. But we appreciate the update either way.

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 02, 2017, 05:49:47 pm »

All still going well?

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 02, 2017, 10:18:27 pm »

Still going well. I work the night shift, so when I say "Saturday" I usually mean "Saturday Night."

I mean, not that it's gonna really apply anymore once college starts back up again, but whatever.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 02, 2017, 10:37:13 pm »

And it's up! Another link to the IC Thread.

I recommend checking in on the IC thread with every update, as information will be covered there.

The map will be updated every couple of turns or so.

Also, I'm seeing a few misconceptions about the magic system. Probably because I didn't explain it in a ton of depth. So I'm going to steal this clarification from the game I stole the system from.

Example: I know the spell Frozen Shard. It is achieved by drawing a magic circle with a magic line facing a direction. This causes an icicle to form and fly in the direction of the line. I'm going to chain several magic circles and lines together and see the results. I'm trying to get an especially long icicle to form.
Result: When all the lines face the same direction and connect the circles, each circles actives simultaneously. This causes one long icicle to form. Learned that you can increase the length of a frozen shard by chaining several together.

Now that is all fine and dandy for trying to make a new spell out of an old spell, but if you want to try and make a new spell, you're going to have to take a few shots in the dark.

Example: Same ice mage. I'm trying to freeze an enemy's blood, but I have no idea how hemomancy works. I'm going to take a small animal, a rabbit maybe, and draw a new magic circle over it. The intention behind the circle will be to freeze the blood of the rabbit.
Result: Through several trials, all of which fizzled, you finally get something to happen. One particular magic circle, when charged with enough energy, sucks the heat out of the air beneath it. This caused a layer of frost to coat the rabbit, and after several minutes of excruciating pain and agony, the rabbit froze to death. You learned Minor Heat Siphon!

No, this isn't actually how ice magic would work in my game. This just serves as an example.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 08, 2017, 03:03:54 pm »

Still waiting on AbstractTraitorHero, DragonRage, and UristMcChaldni.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 08, 2017, 03:46:43 pm »

Thats the problem with PM games. It looks as though nothing is happening, even when it is.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 08, 2017, 05:03:00 pm »

Will get my post in today. Have started getting back to school recently so Im not home till at least 2 now.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]