Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Wamblers Revolt! [A 'God' game][Waitlist open]  (Read 10041 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Wamblers Revolt! [A 'God' game][Waitlist open]
« Reply #90 on: September 01, 2017, 12:13:24 pm »

Until they eat you.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 01, 2017, 12:34:16 pm »

So can we play some more of this?
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 01, 2017, 01:01:04 pm »

Yeah, update's tomorrow hopefully.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 03, 2017, 12:33:25 pm »

I shold be updating but then migraine happened. Just saying that so you guys know I intended to update, so it should be here by tomorrow unless I get hit by a car or osmething.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 04, 2017, 03:27:19 am »

It's crab mentality time! I wonder how many people will blow away their Essence. This system is designed for maximum chaos but I'm not sure yet how well it will work. Also, rolls are now hidden.

Turn 5

Suddenly, without any warning, the Spire suddenly let out a deafening boom. The wamblers look with concern at it, wondering if the Overlord had spontaneously exploded. However, as it turns out, the structure's just settling into the island, with some unforeseen side effects, including it being easier for a wambler to just kick the Overlord out.

[The previous deposition rule is now void. A wambler can risk all of their Essence for a 2/3 chance of becoming the Overlord. If the action fails, the Overlord gains all their Essence. If the action succeeds, the wambler can keep their Essence. Furthermore, certain sequences of secret actions can accomplish this for free, and Spire defense strucutres may make this harder.]

Huffi-Muffi-Guffi - Gastronomy

Look for something that's actually edible here and now.
But stash some of the soil peppers at the outpost first. And tell the others to plant them somewhere, if they want any food soon.

Huffi-Muffi-Guffi collects some soil peppers, even though they taste like, well, spicy soil.
On searching the area one more time, they struck gold. They found some of the stuff that they remember eating back when they were mortal. No, not grass. Those are everywhere and one can't really get anything done by bending down and eating grass. Rather, they found a hard-shelled fruit, which contained sour,  tomato-like flesh inside, as well as gigantic mushrooms that they distinctly recall not being poisonous. The ration would tide them over the short term, but growing them would ensure the least annoyance.

Begin to research modifying magic tools.

Cuddles tested inscribing rudimentary "runes" on the tools, the runes just being their best attempt at drawing a hammer on a hammer. The hammer proceeds to hammer hammerly.

I guess i won if im free go and explore the temple that i discovered

Bob McFluff goes back to exploring the temple ruins.

He began to methodically map out the area. Wild beasts have taken residence in the place as the years wore on, but the structure were unmistakably built by mortals. Inscriptions were too faded and alien for Bob to understand them, and most relics are too old to be of any use. However, it would appear that some metal tools could be smelted and reused.

The temple seemed to be built into the volcano, however that worked. It seemed to go deeper, but the paths have been destroyed and must be rebuilt.

[Scrap metal received]

I'm a little surprised that I didn't get a specialty bonus. I guess it might have to be unspecified research into something. Also, adding in colored text for speaking.

"So, the presence of saliva, and thus, genetic material, is itself not enough for cloning. Perhaps it has more to do with the life, aura, soul, or some such of the organism. Perhaps...our own deityhood could have caused it?"

Casually put paw in essence-boiled water to see if it got warmer. Then, find a non-sentient, normal Wambler and get them to drink some normal essence-powdered water, and see his reaction. If I have no normal essence water on me, due to the new lack of essence spring, check out the corpse of...wait.

"Of course! We're able use the essence to revive ourselves, giving us a new body. By ingesting essence water,  I created a clone of myself. Does that mean...that we are all clones? Was that clone legitimately another me? He did not revive, though...he must've had no essence of his own. I lost no essence, and one essence would've been needed to...DID I even drink one essence's worth of powder? We'll need a measurement system for essence...perhaps the physical sense, like Cups or Tablespoons? Or define it by the amount needed to revive? Let's describe the amount of essence needed for a Wambler to revive as 1 Wamb. It...no, that's just too ridiculous...isn't it? Well, I digress, ought to organize my thoughts.

Firstly, consumption of powdered essence in water led to the cloning of the consumer, who was yours truly, a New Wambler. The effect on other lifeforms, mainly non-risen-to-sentience-by-deityhoood...let's call it 'Awakening'. Anyway, there's also the potential effects on plants to look into. Then there's the physical differences between an original and their clone, if any. As the clones are created magically, the body parts produced this way may be special to some degree, perhaps allowing for rebirth into another species. Additionally, if cloning really is the method of revival, if a wambler truly died with no essence left, perhaps supplying their freshly-dead body with essence water or some variant could bring them back. However, they would need to regain essence legitimately to stay alive for any notable time. Attempting to seize the throne spire in this state would be risky, and, considering how they would NEED that for the essence, likely, it should only be tried for purposes of information.

Secondly, essence powder is rather combustible, releasing large amounts of energy when heated sufficiently. Yet essence, via the throne spire, can also create amounts of mass, currently used for structures. Thus, either magic stored in essence can create either mass or energy, the latter of which is unexplored, or that there Energy is in and/or simply IS the powder, which can be converted to other forms of mass.  If the latter, does this mean that mass can be converted into energy, and thus, essence? Could other forms of energy also be converted into Essence? That would mean...there are ways to gain Essence other than tapping it from the island's reservoirs!

As for the current list of action, I should keep in mind the conversion of energy to essence, vice versa, the notable aspects of clones (especially with Awakened), the way cloning works, mass production of powder (likely by filtration in a spire-made building), other qualities and forms of essence, the production of friendly clones, and the effects of powder on the dead
".

Anyway, continuing from the last bolded words, check out the corpse of my clone, if essence water is unavailable or I have time after the prior action.

The water was warm, and stayed warm without any need for heat conservation.

Feeding a wambler some essence water (after much forcing) didn’t seem to do anything, or did it?

Verdante’s clone’s corpse seem to be too blown up to be examined in close details, but the area of the explosion appears to be warmer than the surrounding area, even after some time has passed.

Immanuel Bunt the Philosopher

"Additionally, if cloning really is the method of revival, if a wambler truly died with no essence left, perhaps supplying their freshly-dead body with essence water or some variant could bring them back. However, they would need to regain essence legitimately to stay alive for any notable time. Attempting to seize the throne spire in this state would be risky, and, considering how they would NEED that for the essence, likely, it should only be tried for purposes of information."
"A better idea: we figure out a way to add the essence in the water to our own. Save it for emergencies if it's difficult, but attempting to become Overlord just to avoid final death seems...unwise."

"Secondly, essence powder is rather combustible, releasing large amounts of energy when heated sufficiently. Yet essence, via the throne spire, can also create amounts of mass, currently used for structures. Thus, either magic stored in essence can create either mass or energy, the latter of which is unexplored, or that there Energy is in and/or simply IS the powder, which can be converted to other forms of mass.  If the latter, does this mean that mass can be converted into energy, and thus, essence? Could other forms of energy also be converted into Essence? That would mean...there are ways to gain Essence other than tapping it from the island's reservoirs!"
"If you're right, there is a macabre implication: a cannibalistic murder would theoretically transfer essence from one wambler to another. Said cannibalism wouldn't mean literally eating the body, but some process we that haven't found yet. Still, none of us would try to murder another in cold blood, correct? The cage implies a possibility of making bets to fight for it in a formal duel..."

Look for writing materials. Ideally, both a medium such as paper or papyrus and an implement such as charcoal or a quill and ink.

Immanuel Bunt found some leaves whose petioles were firm enough to work as a quill. The soil peppers discovered by Huffi-Muffi-Guffi appears to have a very impressive pigmentation property, with only one kernel able to produce ink-like substance which stain well on wood, and, hopefully later, paper.

I place a New spring at the bottom of the crater, and offer a deal: Everyone who harvests essence, gets 1/2 what they collect.

The Overlord rebuilt the spring, and enacts a law reform.

A crack formed at the bottom of the spring, presumably to the aquifer. Some small critters appear to have lived underground, but more investigations must be made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FjWe31S_0g

Find more essence dust stuff. Turn it into bombs.

Try to turn the soil peppers into bombs.

Crazy Bob soaked the 'grenades' in the spring.

And also some of the peppers.

Wiggles the Magnificent, Crafter

Wiggles felt his stomach growl. Well that wouldn't do!

Forage for potential crops. Sample generously!

Wiggles goes on an eating spree, but after he was done he realized most of what he ate was just grass.

Statistics

Balance

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Island

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 04, 2017, 03:37:55 am »

Set aside some of what I found to be replanted.
Then proceed to cook together the rest (including the peppers) into a dish for everyone to sample.
Name the dish after it's most distinct features, and memorize the recipe for future use.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 03:40:09 am by Ultimuh »

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 04, 2017, 03:46:31 am »

I will go and try to start translate the alien Inscriptions and use some essence to help me do it
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 04, 2017, 04:50:25 pm »

Bring my explosives to the Overlord, to see if he can design any building blueprints from them (perhaps a mine?).
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 04, 2017, 04:59:49 pm »

Bring my explosives to the Overlord, to see if he can design any building blueprints from them (perhaps a mine?).
Since when are mines considered buildings?

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 04, 2017, 06:43:29 pm »

By "mine", I mean the place where you dig out minerals.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 04, 2017, 06:54:57 pm »

By "mine", I mean the place where you dig out minerals.
Ah, right. I kind of misunderstood it because it was in context with explosives.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]