Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Satisfaction  (Read 718 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Satisfaction
« on: August 27, 2017, 08:10:55 pm »

Quickly fill out this survey without thinking too much of answers, just use the first things that come to mind...

1. A forum game you thoroughly enjoyed playing.
2. If it was hosted again, would you play it?
3. Either way are there some changes you would like to see?
4. Repeat steps 1 through 3 two more times.
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: Satisfaction
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2017, 08:20:17 pm »

1. Smash Bros Mafia (gameFAQs - Rasumii)
It was and I didnt. No.
I don't know.

2. Wikipedia Wars (TCM)
No.
Higher turnover between sessions, shorter sessions less long run commitment.

3. Hero City RPG (Dustan Hache)
Yes - if he wanted to host, which I doubt.
Didn't last long, but to be frank most forum game concepts don't interest me so the idea of being able to play a game that I created was very exciting.
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2017, 10:09:22 pm »

I am unable to answer the questions without thinking a lot. It would require a positively insane amount of thinking to even find three games that I "thoroughly enjoyed". Only one two come to mind, and both were hosted on a forum which has been "temporarily offline for maintenance work" for well over a year now so I can't even reference it.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 10:15:11 pm by Supernerd »
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2017, 10:38:55 pm »

1. Roll to Level Up...III, was it? No, IV. Right? 'uses link in sig quote' Yup, III.
Definitely.
Well, if it was able to live long enough, I would ask for multiclassing at some point. Easier to multi class into already established classes. Maybe an amount of experience toward a level in a given class cam be used to unlock abilities one had earned in another class.

2. Ashwood Cross
Yup.
Not really. Just, maybe, the eventual explanation of what's going on. Even if it's never revived, I'd like to know.

3. Card Games are Serious Buisness, or that other Yu-Gi-Oh one Zanzet ran but dropped. Honestly, it feels like the second one would revive better; it only died because story was transferred to the first game there, which died from lost notes.
Probably.
A few revisions for neat and maybe overall more understandable actions. Other than that, I'm not sure.

Ninja;
I am unable to answer the questions without thinking a lot. It would require a positively insane amount of thinking to even find three games that I "thoroughly enjoyed". Only one two come to mind, and both were hosted on a forum which has been "temporarily offline for maintenance work" for well over a year now so I can't even reference it.
I had trouble thinking of more than one, so I started looking through my old posts to see what I had participated it.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 11:06:08 pm by OceanSoul »
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2017, 11:13:33 pm »

1. Growths
Sure.
It was kinda unclear what to do exactly, besides surviving.
2. Demonhood 2
Yes.
None.
3. I haven't actually played it, but I had a fun time reading it: The Warrens of Oric the Awesome
HECK YEAH!
None.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2017, 11:25:58 pm »

1. Roll to Magic
2. In an instant.
3. New rules were introduced as the game went on, which resulted in some pretty messy balancing. It is/was (it's currently ending) still a very fun game, but I feel that the system probably could have been streamlined and cleaned up.

1. The various incarnations of Darkness Redeemed: Necromechanic. These have been scattered all over the place, but I have the second game open in another tab, so I'll just link that.
2: It has been, and I've followed the GM around. I've gotten pretty tired of some of the stuff that happens on the discords, but the crafting system is unique and enjoyable, so I hang around.
3. The discord situation and lifespan of each iteration. Mostly meta stuff, but it's driven me away at times.

1. Shards of Power, not going to link it because it's currently jumping between two different locations and stuff has gotten weird.
2. Probably not. It's fun this time around, but a second game would be a bit much.
3. The game itself isn't stellar, but it's played and run by people I'm friends with, and that's where a lot of the fun comes from. Given a chance, I might revise some of the mechanics and pacing.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2017, 11:50:38 pm »

Thanks for sharing. Keep 'em commin'.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2017, 07:16:18 am »

1: Roll to Magic.
2: Heck yes.
3: Not really. Well, it would be nice if you started out with extra essences.

1: You are an Independent Scientist.
3: Progress was a little slow...

1: SCP League(well, I was the GM)
3: I've got ideas...
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2017, 10:06:52 pm »

1. To Glory! (over from the RTD board)
2. I'm talking about it here, aren't I?
3. I wish that we'd actually been able to finish the thing... :-/
4. Nah, I'm good for the time being.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.