Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Skill Rust pls help me again  (Read 510 times)

HerbalistRanger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Skill Rust pls help me again
« on: July 29, 2017, 01:34:35 pm »

My current world is all messed up dwarves are learning skills way to fast can't tell about attributes. Going to have to make new world
What are the default skill rates and attributes? I'm only using the lazy newb pack.
Is it lower for learning? If I wanted it to take a long time would put [SKILL_RATES:25:NONE:NONE:NONE]   ? What would I put if wanted to try it with extremely low rust like 3 years instead of 6 months to rust.
I know i've asked this before but my science and testing has gone haywire I need help.

Is this the correct default values with no rust? I have been placing it at the bottom of dwarf section before human.

[PHYS_ATT_RATES:STRENGTH:50:NONE:NONE:NONE]
  [PHYS_ATT_RATES:AGILITY:50:NONE:NONE:NONE]
  [PHYS_ATT_RATES:TOUGHNESS:50:NONE:NONE:NONE]
  [PHYS_ATT_RATES:ENDURANCE:50:NONE:NONE:NONE]
  [PHYS_ATT_RATES:DISEASE_RESISTANCE:50:NONE:NONE:NONE]
  [PHYS_ATT_RATES:RECUPERATION:50:NONE:NONE:NONE]
  [MENT_ATT_RATES:ANALYTICAL_ABILITY:50:NONE:NONE:NONE]
  [MENT_ATT_RATES:CREATIVITY:50:NONE:NONE:NONE]
  [MENT_ATT_RATES:EMPATHY:50:NONE:NONE:NONE]
  [MENT_ATT_RATES:FOCUS:50:NONE:NONE:NONE]
  [MENT_ATT_RATES:INTUITION:50:NONE:NONE:NONE]
  [MENT_ATT_RATES:KINESTHETIC_SENSE:50:NONE:NONE:NONE]
  [MENT_ATT_RATES:LINGUISTIC_ABILITY:50:NONE:NONE:NONE]
  [MENT_ATT_RATES:MUSICALITY:50:NONE:NONE:NONE]
  [MENT_ATT_RATES:PATIENCE:50:NONE:NONE:NONE]
  [MENT_ATT_RATES:SOCIAL_AWARENESS:50:NONE:NONE:NONE]
  [MENT_ATT_RATES:MEMORY:50:NONE:NONE:NONE]
  [MENT_ATT_RATES:SPATIAL_SENSE:50:NONE:NONE:NONE]
  [MENT_ATT_RATES:WILLPOWER:50:NONE:NONE:NONE]

[SKILL_RATES:500:NONE:NONE:NONE]

- Thank you so much. I try to understand the wiki about modding. I need this spelled out for me. Getting rusty in all the misc and social skills really bothers me it turns into micromanaging nightmare for me.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 10:27:33 am by HerbalistRanger »

Atkana

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST]
    • View Profile
Re: Skill Rust pls help me again
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2017, 01:12:32 am »

According to the wiki, the defaults for MENT_ATT_RATES is 500:4:5:4 for cost to improve:unused counter rate:rust counter rate:demotion counter rate. For SKILL_RATES it's 100:8:16:16 with the first number being the % of improvement points you get and the other three being the same type as MENT_ATT_RATES. If you wanted to just change the skill learn rates of all a creature's skills I'd use SKILL_LEARN_RATES, which alters the gained improvement points by %. For example I wanted one of my current creatures to level all skills at 1/20th (5%) the speed, so I gave them [SKILL_LEARN_RATES:5].

If you want more information that's probably better explained then you should check the wiki's entry for creature tokens