Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: DF over internet/network?  (Read 1019 times)

Raden87

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
DF over internet/network?
« on: July 25, 2017, 02:29:43 pm »

Hello, I'm trying to find a way to play DF over the internet/network. Iv been looking for days and finally decided to make a post about it. The only thing i have been able to make work is DFTerm2 which is out of date and i was only able to find the files via a Youtube video link. I cant find DFTrem 3 anywhere and from what i understand it is way out of date. DFeverywhere seems to be dead, I cant find files for Webfort, and i think i have tried a few other that all seem to be dead. Dwarf Fortress Remote looks amazing and i would spend a lot more then $4 for that but im an android guy so...

So is there currently any way of playing DF over a network other then straight remote desktop? My goal is really to play on my phone/tablet but Ill take what i can get.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
Re: DF over internet/network?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 06:13:26 am »

Playing DF on a tablet... I guess it would be like mouse interface in dfhack.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Sizik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2017, 09:23:27 am »

If you are on Linux/Mac, you can use [PRINT_MODE:TEXT] and play over a SSH session.
Skyscrapes, the Tower-Fortress, finally complete!
Skyscrapes 2, repelling the zombie horde!

Raden87

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2017, 06:48:30 pm »

Thanks for the replies, Im actually thinking about buying a IOS device just for DFR at this point.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2017, 07:55:43 pm »

Yeah, the keyboard is the main problem which was the reason to reimplement UI natively in DFR.
I could rebuild Webfort for the latest DF version but it won't be playable on a phone/tablet anyway.

Raden87

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2017, 12:57:15 pm »

mifki Thanks for the reply! Iv pretty much decided of getting an older IOS device ,ipad mini 2. I have google fi so im getting the wifi/cellular version as data is only $10 a gig. From what iv seen your app work good even on 3g. I never would of thought i would be buying an IOS device again but being able to play DF on the go with your (impressive) app is worth it for my money.

thanks for your hard work. I wish it was for android but I totally understand why you can't tackle that beast.
P.S. I don't think you'er charging enough.