Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dusk & Dawn Proof of Concept Playtest [0/5]  (Read 453 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Dusk & Dawn Proof of Concept Playtest [0/5]
« on: July 31, 2017, 12:44:46 pm »

Hi, I'm testing out a game idea. So far it's somewhat bare bones and probably a broken mess, but I want to see how it would go.

In Dusk & Dawn, the players are assigned a 'hero' which define their abilities. The team is split into Dusk, Dawn, and Neutral. Nobody knows who is on their team and who isn't. Dusk and Dawn have to eliminate all of the other side, and possibly Neutral depending on the hero. Neutral have their own goals which may or may not come into conflict with others.

The main game is trying to determine which team the others are on.

In the main game I would employ a card system, but I'm too lazy to make up the cards yet, so instead you just deal 1d6 damage to your chosen target. Of course, you can just choose to not attack.

Health is kept hidden, but instead represented by damage taken. Obviously some heroes can take more of a beating and therefore it will not be hard to deduce which heroes they are. Thus if you want to keep your role hidden, try to somehow convince those who can heal you to keep you topped up.

I will have more heroes soon, but for now we only have 5 heroes.

Dawn:

THE DEMON HUNTER: Folks of your profession were the first to go when the Queen took control. While you have come to understand the plight of the supernatural beings, you could not abide by those creatures that prey on humans. With your trusty tools, you will slay those that stand in the way of justice.

HP: 20
PASSIVE: Self First Aid - When attacked, you have a 20% chance of removing 1d6 damage from yourself. It will not be announced that you are the one who healed yourself.
ACTIVE: Tools of the Trade - You can force a draw for a certain type of card that you want, with one turn of cooldown. Bolt in the Dark - You can deal 1d6 damage to a selected hero on top of your usual attack. It will not be announced that you are the one who attacked.

THE WHITE WITCH: Although the Queen’s rule favored your people, you found her tyranny leaning too extremely on the other end. You seek to help your organization claim the pieces of her scattered spirit to combat her.

HP: 10
ACTIVE: Protector of the Weak - You can choose to reveal yourself. A hero you select cannot be damaged until you are slain.
ACTIVE: Witches’ Brew - Every turn, you can choose to remove 1d6 damage from yourself or another hero that turn. It will not be announced that you are the one who healed that person.

Dusk:

THE PIXIE: A free-spirit of inscrutable nature, you got it in your head to lend your healing powers to aid the Queen. Among the humans, your glamour may not hold for long...

PASSIVE: Human Mask - You have an illusory body with 10 health. When this disguise is destroyed, you are revealed as the pixie, and you start taking real damage.
ACTIVE: Pixie Dust - Every turn, you can choose to remove 1d6 damage from yourself or another hero that turn. It will not be announced that you are the one who healed that person.

THE THIEF: Blending in with the crowd, all you want was to be left alone. A shame, then, that you hold the Queen’s Fragment. You know, the thing that everybody would kill to obtain. Now if only you could figure out how to unlock its powers…
ACTIVE: Cloak and Dagger - You can draw one extra hidden card. When the hidden card is used, it will not be announced that you are the one who used it. The cooldown activates after usage of the hidden card, for one turn.

Neutral:

THE ANKOU: These are strange times one live in, even Death cannot walk freely in the Two Worlds. You are gifted with the ability to reap souls from your quarry, gaining their ability and memories. As Death’s agent, you have to reap the souls of those whose time has come, yet still walk unchallenged in the land, employing the service of the dead to achieve your mission.

HP: 20
Goal: You win when everyone else is dead.
PASSIVE: Soul Reap - When a hero is slain, you can choose to replace your current secondary ability with theirs, or retain your current secondary ability.
-

Literally all you have to do to join is say you're in.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
Re: Dusk & Dawn Proof of Concept Playtest [0/5]
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2017, 01:07:39 pm »

You're in.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2017, 01:46:52 pm »

How close is this to being mafia?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2017, 02:54:58 pm »

Well, apart from Neutral, both sides are essentially just villagers. But now that I think about it this would just result in the game being put on hold until Neutral is hunted down, so maybe this game concept wasn't such a good idea.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3