Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: [SG] A Choice: Transit: College, Superpowers, and Drawing  (Read 3640 times)

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
Re: [SG] A Choice: Transit
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2017, 07:51:01 pm »

[input1]: Wednesday.
[function1]: I needed to get to class. My first class, Environmental Science going to start at 9:00. I also needed to wake up my roommate Jody, he was sleeping in as always.
Max avatar size is 80x80

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2017, 02:14:20 pm »

My dorm was divided into four areas. Two small bedrooms, a living area and kitchen, and a similarly small bathroom. Jody was sleeping in as always. Investigating superpowers could wait until I had some spare time, I decided, and got to work.

My phone slotted into the speaker. A few swipes and taps later, my favorite punk rock started playing. I promptly turned the volume up.

"I'm up! I'm up! Turn that bloody music down!" Judy stumbled into the living area.

I complied. He seemed to calm down. "What time is it?"

"8:35."

"Shit. Why didn't you wake me up earlier?"

"Well... I woke up, and... this is going to sound lame, but I had a weird dream. I guess I was out of it for a bit. My bad man. Come on, let's go!." {Deception(+1 die from good lie): 10, 7 = 10}
~~~
[input1]: Write-in favored type of music.

[input2]:
A: [write-in excuse] {Roll Deception}
B: I woke up, and... [write-in explanation regarding powers]
~~~
AN: Suddenly college life SG.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 01:22:12 pm by FallacyofUrist »
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2017, 01:09:21 pm »

[input1]: Punk Rock

[input2]:
A: I woke up, and... this is going to sound lame, but I had a weird dream. I guess I was out of it for a bit. My bad man. Come on let's go! {Roll Deception}
Max avatar size is 80x80

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2017, 01:48:08 pm »

"A weird dream, huh? Okay. You go right ahead, I still need to get my shower and breakfast done. I'll see you at class."

I shrugged, grabbed my bag, and set out... after brushing my teeth. My mother had always stressed the importance of dental hygiene, and while she and I disagreed with each other in many ways, good dental hygiene was one area we never differed in.

{?: 3}

I arrived at class without fuss. Professor Hendricks was already there. He made a point at always being at his class early. I'd never heard of somebody getting there before him. Thankfully, he didn't expect anybody else to keep that schedule, though some of my fellow students did so anyway, as he offered review sessions before class.

The clock ticked over to 9:00 P.M. Professor Hendricks continued talking for a moment before he noticed the time change. "Why is Geology 1A required for an Environmental Sciences major? The natural environment isn't simply the biosphere. The terrain in which life lives is instrumental in determining what life can survive there, and geology can help determine how terrain formed, and hence what terrain was like in the past, determining a factor of evolution, how terrain was like in the past."

Professor Hendricks was a bit wordy. I didn't mind. The longer he spent on his explanations, the more of it would likely seep through to the mind of the listener.

Professor Hendricks noticed the time change. "Alright then, class starts. You all probably still remember this, but today is the day your second paper is due. If you haven't finished it, you can continue working on it until this class is over. If you have already finished, just turn it in and you can go.

{Preparedness: 10}

I had finished the paper two weeks ago, of course. I stood up and handed it to the professor.

"Excellent work, Miss Hobbs. You've done well once more. You may go.."

I left the class, just as Jody entered. "Finished already?" I nodded. "Wow. Uh... wish me luck. I'm going in... geromino!" Jody, funny as ever, rushed into the classroom. A large free period beckoned. I decided to work on my comics.
~~~
[input1]: [first/second/final]

[function1]:
If first: I hope to see more of such work. You may go.
If second: You've done well once more. You may go.
If third: I expect you will do well in the final.

[write-in]: Whatever you want, within reason... please don't turn this into a college simulator, Bay 12.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 03:09:11 pm by FallacyofUrist »

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2017, 01:16:17 pm »

[input1]: second

[function1]: You've done well once more. You may go.

[write-in]: draw
Max avatar size is 80x80

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2017, 03:30:23 pm »

My comics beckoned, the fruit of my drawing skill and labor. I began the walk back to my dorm.

Before long, I sat at my laptop and began to draw. In a digital age, what was once accomplished with a pencil could now be accomplished with a stylus.

{Drawing, Computer(+1 die from Proficient Skill Level): 7, 5 = 7}

I made good progress on my latest webcomic release. Perhaps I would even be able to release it early, I thought.

I glanced at the time. 10:12. I still had a little more time before my next class, [input1], which began at 10:45.

I decided to spend the rest of my time before [input1] on [input2].
~~~
[input1]: Write-in class.

[input2]:
A: doing a little more work on my comic.
B: Write-in. Keep in mind the time limit.

[feedback]: What do you think of the dice system? Is Leona's webcomic progress realistic given the time she had to work and her skill level? Any other things to note?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2017, 07:46:01 am »

Bump.
Maybe I should change the thread title when I update?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [SG] A Choice: Transit: College, Superpowers, and Drawing
« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2017, 10:25:15 am »

Final bump.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]