Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Making a Half-Breed  (Read 6564 times)

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
Re: Making a Half-Breed
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2017, 04:30:38 pm »

So what should i do now?
The scouts have been fighting a giant capuchin for the past month now. They still haven't killed it.

Obsidian 1053

The Sentries are still fighting the capuchin. For two monthes they have done nothing but punch this monkey.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2017, 08:50:06 pm »

So what should i do now?
Weep, for there are no more worlds to conquer.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2017, 08:46:29 am »

I just had a 7 drunk teddy bears and satyrs go into
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
and win like should i just wait until something happens
The scouts have been fighting a giant capuchin for the past month now. They still haven't killed it.

Obsidian 1053

The Sentries are still fighting the capuchin. For two monthes they have done nothing but punch this monkey.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2017, 09:03:36 am »

You could make a half-demon?

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2017, 12:17:49 pm »

Breed a bunch of FB's and titans and watch natural selection do its magic. Then fight the resulting supermonsters.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2017, 01:17:30 pm »

OK since i didn't plan to do this but i my world doesn't have decormpressed saves what can i do?

Obsidian 1053

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2017, 01:19:17 pm »

OK since i didn't plan to do this but i my world doesn't have decormpressed saves what can i do?
Disable compression in the .ini and load then save?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2017, 12:03:26 pm »

It worked! But when i tried to modify the world folder it trashed the save. So what should i do now?

Obsidian 1053

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2017, 12:51:26 pm »

So what should i do now?

You could make a half-demon?

Crossbreed a female dwarf with a intelligent (because apparently there's some sort of variation between intelligent & animal) demon for the personality & ability statistics for your own Hellboy. If the inheritance works out correctly like Weird says without miscarriages, the genetics best case scenario you will get a dwarf with excellent statistics or a adult at birth demon citizen (might be crazed? who knows). I guess at worst nothing happens or you get a above average dwarf.

On that note, this is the strangest DF centric thread that i've encountered so far.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 01:05:35 pm by FantasticDorf »

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2017, 01:36:26 pm »

Yeah i would love to do that but whenever i modify the world.dat folder the entire save becomes unusable.
if i could figure out a way to modify it without destroying the save

EDIT I want to build a stairway to
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
but nobody is building the stairs?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 01:50:32 pm by UselessMcMiner »

Obsidian 1053

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2017, 02:09:45 pm »

You could try to use gui/gm-editor to modify ...whatever you want to modify. If it is raws, call it with df.global.world.raws, though I dunno about your success.

As for stairs, sounds like a pathing issue. Temperature or emergency seals maybe? Alternatively, they're busy with something else; in that case try priority -ConstructBuilding (it is almost always pathing though).
Pages: 1 2 [3]