Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How can I remove inventory of dead trader?  (Read 764 times)

Antikythera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How can I remove inventory of dead trader?
« on: June 14, 2017, 01:52:03 pm »

I wall in my original dwarves and never have outside contact. Eventually a liason or caravan arrives and either gets attacked or starves to death on the surface. From then on my inventory lists are tainted by items I dont want and can not remove from the list.

I cant see the items on the surface even after using DFHack to reveal.

Is there a way to delete these items?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How can I remove inventory of dead trader?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 05:37:24 pm »

The items are probably in the inventory of the dead merchants (who are not visible on the map).
There are a couple of DFHack scripts you might try (back up your save first):
dismissmerchants.lua
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This script has gotten rid of merchants that are stuck in limbo, blocking further caravans from appearing. Has worked sometimes, and sometimes not.

claimmerchantstuff.lua:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Causes the stuff bugged merchants have scuttled to be dump marked. That has caused dorfs to go to the invisible merchants and strip the items from their inventories. I suspect DFHack's script to teleport dump marked items would work as well (after which you can then use the other script to delete the pile of stuff just collected to get rid of it). I don't remember off the top of my head what these to scripts are called, so you'll have to search for them.

Nolimit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How can I remove inventory of dead trader?
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 02:56:20 am »

You can mark all of the items for dumping using stocks screen (also make sure that they are unforbidden) than use DFHack to autodump. Never tried it for this exact situation, but it worked for me in a similar case.