Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: zombies my dudes...  (Read 1093 times)

Fawnek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
zombies my dudes...
« on: June 17, 2017, 02:56:39 am »

its a problem we all face bros, i just got attacked by some and they have a bunch of bowmen/crossbowmen.... and that's new as far as im concerned...

only problem is that some dont have eyes...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
anyone else got this?
We all have an Urist in our lives.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: zombies my dudes...
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2017, 04:05:04 am »

Nothing unusual as far as I can see, unless the outpost liaison arrived as part of the invasion force. Undead don't use eyes, but have some kind of proximity "sense living" sense.

Lozzymandias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2017, 05:47:15 am »

Yep, all seems in order. Blindness is no great barrier to the undead, just as Patrik says.
"Come on, you sons of elves, do you want to live forever?"

vvAve

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2017, 10:54:01 am »

After the last nerf, they are manageable. Full squad of armed dwarfs can take on that horde with minimal losses it you don't charge all at once.

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2017, 11:02:34 am »

Some of the human undead might be equipped in bronze armor.
Quote from: dragdeler
There is something to be said about, if the stakes are as high, maybe reconsider your certitudes. One has to be aggressively allistic to feel entitled to be able to trust. But it won't happen to me, my bit doesn't count etc etc... Just saying, after my recent experiences I couldn't trust the public if I wanted to. People got their risk assessment neurons rotten and replaced with game theory. Folks walk around like fat turkeys taunting the world to slaughter them.

Fawnek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2017, 08:15:39 pm »

I know they got nerfed, but i thought (and hoped) that they still used eyes.
We all have an Urist in our lives.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2017, 04:35:08 am »

Why? Blind cavern creatures do not suffer from not having eyes (and cannot be blinded!). Undead effectiveness is not affected by the usage of sense living rather than vision (and I think sense living is not hindered by obstacles). Furthermore, undead haven't used vision for as far as I've played, and certainly isn't something introduced as part of the recent undead nerfing. Finally, rotten eyes ought to provide rotten vision even if their biological function somehow was retained when the biological processes are not, and reanimated arms have really poor eye sight.

kingsableye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2017, 03:49:25 pm »

Can the undead shoot the bows and crossbows? That seems rather... odd.
Patrik is right, undead have used their sense living since their inception, they are magically reanimated of course so magic eyesight makes sense. There are other beasts that see in a 360 cone without eyes (bronze colossus) in the game as well.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2017, 04:42:51 pm »

Undead can definitely fire missile weapons. If they discover animals during their siege the ground tends to get peppered with arrows and bolt (and you'll get cancellation spam because your civ alert prevents you from picking up the animal corpses).