Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Goblins not notable kills  (Read 967 times)

Ellidon

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Goblins not notable kills
« on: June 12, 2017, 09:28:07 am »

Hey all,
I was just wondering why my dorfs aren't getting notable kills after they bash apart gobos.

This is my expedition leader. He has killed 11 goblins in total, but only one is noted. The notable one was caged and released after a siege for sport.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Did notable kills change at some point?

Colonel Sanders Lite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Goblins not notable kills
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 09:47:07 am »

I think that "notable" is synonymous with "historical figure".

For example, a dorf kills a crundle, that's not notable.  Crundle kills a forgotton beast, earns a name, and is in turn killed by a dorf, that's a notable kill.

Ellidon

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 09:56:24 am »

I was under the assumption all sentient creatures counted as historical figures in fortress mode. All my goblin kills in previous games counted to notable kills.

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2017, 10:01:38 am »

you know in past versions there were certainly just "goblin axeman" or whatever running around who had no names and were just conjured out of thin air to siege you

but in the current version i thought those had been removed... in any case going by previous versions colonel sanders is right the non histfig goblins arent supposed to count
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

Colonel Sanders Lite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2017, 10:10:25 am »

Look at the attacks against your fort in legends viewer.  In my experience, it's usually a tiny percentage of the actual attack force.

I think it generates names for the mooks now, instead of just calling them "goblin axeman".

Ellidon

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2017, 10:42:16 am »

Damn, no more 100s of notable kills then. :'(

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2017, 11:34:28 am »

Trap them in cages, pit them in 1:1 naked battles against kitten, and then send in your steel clad team to pulp the survivor (provided it's the goblin, that is). Killing a fortress kitten should be enough to make the goblin historical.

Sethatos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2017, 03:49:37 pm »

Only the leader of the attack in the siege is considered a historical figure, and therefore a notable kill. The rest are just the forgettable masses, unless one of those kills something, and consequently becomes a historical figure themselves.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2017, 04:46:25 pm »

you know in past versions there were certainly just "goblin axeman" or whatever running around who had no names and were just conjured out of thin air to siege you

but in the current version i thought those had been removed... in any case going by previous versions colonel sanders is right the non histfig goblins arent supposed to count
As the last post said, the leader and anyone who's already 'historical' are 'notable', the others aren't. The difference between old DF and now, is that site populations are tracked so even 'not notable' gobbos aren't conjured out of thin air. Which means they run out of troops to send eventually.

Snafu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2017, 05:58:27 pm »

Trap them in cages, pit them in 1:1 naked battles against kitten, and then send in your steel clad team to pulp the survivor (provided it's the goblin, that is). Killing a fortress kitten should be enough to make the goblin historical.
.. or maybe hysterical.. ;)