Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Syndrome Advances?  (Read 726 times)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Syndrome Advances?
« on: May 29, 2017, 07:17:47 pm »

Been a long time since I've made a topic on here.

Decided to possibly get back into the groove of DF modding, and noticed some new tags, mainly ones for Syndromes.

SYN_IDENTIFIER which I gather from the wiki allows you to chain syndromes together (relationships) like all types of snake/reptile venom could be on identifier allowing for the new Creature tag [SYNDROME_DILUTION_FACTOR:REPTILE_VENOM:150] making that creature resistant to all syndromes identifying as REPTILE_VENOM by 50% (as it says 100 is the full effect)

Can you have more than one SYN_IDENTIFIER? And I forgot can you have more than one SYN_CLASS as well?

with the inclusion of SYN_CONCENTRATION_ADDED:x:x (min:max? or amount added:max amount gained) does this mean we can have a repeated syndrome to allow learning of interactions? (Or were interactions ignoring the SEV attribute and just added instantly? Been awhile)

does SYN_CONCENTRATION_ADDED accept negatives, could this be used to create "cures" for other syndromes (combo of same SYN_CLASS? or would SYN_IDENTIFIER be needed as well?)

Anyone do any advances into syndromes in the last 3 years?