Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Enthusiasticly religious dwarf?  (Read 1001 times)

Deus Machina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Enthusiasticly religious dwarf?
« on: May 20, 2017, 03:40:57 am »

Just because I'm failing to find anything else on it.
Finally built a temple (this is my first fort in months that lasted more than a year thanks to werebeasts) and notice one particular dwarf...
Everyone else in the temple is engaged in 'Worship' and 'meditate on caverns' or 'pray to Olnen Mindfulmonk', but Solon Ribaredem here has spent an entire season alternating between 'Meditate on Trade!' and 'Worship!'.
So... is there actually some sort of difference? In mood or activities, or is he just choosing to direct his praise with, like, excessive eye shadow and loud guttural chants?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 03:44:42 am by Deus Machina »
Quote from: KillerClowns
Beneath the slade, there is sheep. By all that his holy, there are so many sheep down there. I don't know why it's sheep.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Enthusiasticly religious dwarf?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2017, 04:09:49 am »

Green ones can be interrupted by work (burrows and military duties are apparently not considered to be "work" according to DF), while purple ones can not, as the needs are too dire.
Some dorfs are more religious than others. It's also the case that if dorfs are kept from fulfilling their needs for longer periods of time they need to catch up, so if you build a temple in your 10:th year, it's not unlikely the fortress activities go to a standstill for half a year or so.
Also, green needs activities will not be performed if there is work to do for the dorf, so if you work your crew to the bone all the needs fulfillment will be of the purple uninterruptible kind, as you prevented the dorfs from taking care of it gracefully.
It's possible to expand needs activities to get further info on what they are.

Deus Machina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2017, 02:17:24 pm »

No further info provided in-game yet.
But clarification here, at least!
So after a year and a half or two years, all the passably agnostic dwarves had to go pay their basic respects, and the one that "personally dislikes cooperation, doesn't care about nature one way or the other (he's a ranger), finds introspection to be a waste of time, and finds trade and commerce as distasteful" had to go pray devoutly to the gods of trade, wealth, and scholarship.
Dorfs are dumb.
Quote from: KillerClowns
Beneath the slade, there is sheep. By all that his holy, there are so many sheep down there. I don't know why it's sheep.

Eater of Vermin

• Bay Watcher
  • [VERMIN_EATER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2017, 09:05:22 pm »

I've had a dorf or two with similar behaviours.

Next time I come across one I'll make them a scholar and see if whatever attributes make them so...  fervent...  can be made useful.

Probably not, but what have I got to lose?   ;)
Dances with Kobolds

(Mamba in the Magma...  one, two, char-char-char!)

Merlota

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2017, 11:02:49 pm »

So after a year and a half or two years, all the passably agnostic dwarves had to go pay their basic respects, and the one that "personally dislikes cooperation, doesn't care about nature one way or the other (he's a ranger), finds introspection to be a waste of time, and finds trade and commerce as distasteful" had to go pray devoutly to the gods of trade, wealth, and scholarship.

Sounds like a madman just spent two years screaming at the gods.