Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Neonivek's Dusk City Outlaws: The Canal Job IC (DEAD)  (Read 6749 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Neonivek's Dusk City Outlaws: The Canal Job IC
« Reply #90 on: May 23, 2017, 06:26:46 pm »

The Grakenwald Depository, a relative fortress of immense size just teaming with guards. The pale moon light betrays your cover as you move towards the side of the Depository. Your goal? To enter an administration office and steal and/or copy the Guard manifest to hopefully get a one up on the security involved.

While there are many doors to the Grakenwald Depository, however, there is only one that doesn't require you to run through many doorways and security checkpoints. There are no windows on the first floor to give one easy entrance, yet, there are some on the second floor if you are willing to brave exploring a unknown floor. The area is decently lit for night with lamp posts dotting the sides of the building and two additional ones to the side of the door. There are hedges surrounding the depository at a further distance away to provide a nice scenery and a decent hiding spot.

The Entrance is locked with a simple lock but isn't bolted shut on the inside. There are two guards stationed at the door looking outwards on the lookout for any suspicious activity, each one with a key. There are two groups of two guards patrolling along this side of the building carrying lamps and whistles. Inside the entrance is a stretch of hallway eventually leading to the administration office, which is unlocked. You have no prior knowledge as to what the second floor contains, only that there are stairs to the first floor relatively close by.

There are an unknown number of guards stationed nearby. It will take them an entire round to enter the scene. Finally while it is easy enough to find the document you are looking for in the office, it is impossible to do so without being suspicious.

(Heat Spent: 8 ) To complicate matters there was a tip given to the Grakenwald Depository ahead of time and they increased security. You seen a group of five security personnel move inside and protect the hallway between you and the Administration office. Finally the secretaries have been asked to work overtime and are on the look out for suspicious individuals, they number four and are in the office itself.

The Vespers hear of your plan in advance and very impressed (+1 Influence to The Maid)

Due to the nature of this scene I am going to allow people to chose to join if they so wish.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 08:51:52 am by Neonivek »

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 23, 2017, 09:32:34 pm »

Francis Callaghan walks by, carrying a bundle of rope and still wearing his disguise.

"Oh, hey Vera. Didn't see you there. Watcha doing in front of the old depository? You need my help? As a reminder, I can talk to people pretty well, make disguises, forge documents, or serve as a distraction. Also, if you're interested in using my rope, I can throw an okay lasso which might help you get up to that second floor if that interests you."
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 26, 2017, 09:09:38 am »

With most of the crew busy it is up to Francis Callaghan and The Maid to handle obtaining these documents. I am closing the scene to new joiners and immediately moving this to a Dramatic Scene.

I will allow Francis and The Maid to converse a short bit to get a gameplan of some sort together. The Scene will start proper once The Maid determines her entry point (As per her ability) or instead opts to do something else first.

Obstacles and complication:
-A group of Six Guards are stationed outside in three sets of two. One guarding the door, one patrolling the left, the other patrolling the right.
-A group of Five Guards are stationed inside guarding the doorway to the Office
-The door inside is locked with a simple lock. There is a key around all the guard's waists that can allow one inside. A key would be the quickest and safest way in, the lock itself just makes entering silently more difficult (No challenge dice rolled to use the key on the door in stealth)
-There is a group of suspicious secretaries inside the office. (2 Challenge Dice to interact with Secretaries)
-Should an Alarm be raised an additional group of guards will be called to the scene.
-The Document in question is relatively easy to find but doing so stealth-fully is impossible with someone in the room.

Additional Features
-Hedges around the parameter provide cover
-There are second story windows. The layout is unknown, but there is a way to the first floor nearby.
-Should the six guards be alerted and be pulled into combat, they will immediately count as a single group as they team up.

Note:
-Attempting to scale the wall, lockpick the door, or break down the door while the guards are still on patrol/watch will result in challenge dice as it is difficult to remain stealthy while doing so.
-The Hallway has a few pieces of cover so that you aren't spotted immediately by the guards inside, nor can they tell the door has been opened.

---

Combat and Guards

Guards are minion type enemies, attacks on minions do not deal damage but instead immediately kill a member of the group. As their numbers diminish their power wanes.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 10:46:29 am by Neonivek »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 28, 2017, 08:13:56 pm »

I am going to call The Maid Frozen. I'll refund the Heat I spent, I will also refund the heat The Maid generated by going out today. I will also refund that Influence point.

Until the player comes back I'll consider their character frozen (So at the end of planning and Legwork phases I'll skip over their turn). In a week I'll consider them gone and the slot opened.

Heat: +7 (refunds)

---

With that we are in another Planning phase!

It is the third day and you have had a mostly uneventful first day. However you don't know for how long. You hear of some stings that have been going around the city but so far they don't seem to have caught onto you, nor have the authorities made any major moves as of yet.

You have had what little sleep you can muster, just enough to be refreshed for the next day.

It is currently cloudy with a light rain that will last through the day and night.

---
Three Days until the end of the Planning phase

Any player may describe the new hang out for the planning phase.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Neonivek's Dusk City Outlaws: The Canal Job IC (DEAD)
« Reply #94 on: May 30, 2017, 08:33:49 pm »

Alright for some reason the players have jumped ship.

I'll wait for the full rules before starting a new play by post and will pour through how this game went to see how this can go better and smoother so that it keeps up the pace.

I think a big issue is that the players didn't know what to do, they didn't know how to design a scene, and the game's first bit is usually casual because there are no power moves in the early game.

Not to mention the planning phase was completely wasted with players coming out of it less sure of what to do.

Note: I am not blaming the players, it is MY fault.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 30, 2017, 09:14:53 pm »

Oh, sorry. Forgot it was planning phase again.  :-\.

I think it would work best if everyone had a copy of the rule book. Bits and pieces works OK, but it makes it much harder to see the bigger picture and understand what is going on. Its not really your fault, don't beat yourself up over it.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 30, 2017, 09:25:12 pm »

Yes for the next game I will find a way to make sure everyone can read the book(s)

I just don't QUITE know how. I am thinking maybe Google Drive, passworded files that only the players have access to... without the ability to download?

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 31, 2017, 05:55:55 pm »

Does appear it was us who dropped the ball here, ought to be blaming the players, or at least not yourself, hate when folks do that. Good luck next time, sorry.

Google drive sounds like it would work, I think the no download thing is an option, I mean a dedicated thief could probably still screenshot everything, but would make them suffer for their ill-gotten gains a little bit.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]