Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Site Ownership  (Read 757 times)

CptAWatts22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Site Ownership
« on: April 08, 2017, 11:41:04 am »

Is it possible to have it so Dwarven and Elven Civs can place mead halls in their sites? Basically I would like to take them over in adventure mode but I can't since there isn't actually a site "lord". Or alternately can I make it so there is a lord position in their sites?

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Site Ownership
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2017, 01:20:09 pm »

You can give them human towns but keep the same values and other characteristics.  As for adventure mode you simply have to mod in a law-giver position, no requirement that they have a mead hall or whatever.  Elves do already have an equivalent of a mead hall, the home tree.

CptAWatts22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2017, 10:59:13 pm »

Thanks for replying. Sounds easy in theory then :P . So I looked in the enitity_default file ( I think that is the right one) and I couldnt find any difference between the Elf retreat leader and the Human Lord/ Lady. Why is a human lord recognized as ruling a site and a elf retreat leader not?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2017, 11:54:07 pm »

Only towns can be conquered by adventurers, you can't conquer tree cities or hillocks.

Here is a link to a bug report describing the ins and outs of the situation: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=8001
Mods I've done:
Zelda mod-mod, Beta in the Wild DF 47.04
Illithid Empire mod DF 31.25 (update canceled)
Spotter's Guide to Illithids (Genesis mod-mod) genesis 3.19a4 (update canceled)

CptAWatts22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2017, 05:48:34 pm »

Thanks. I already saw that bug though :P So yeah changing the elven buildings to towns seems to fix the issue for now. Is there anyway I can edit which Civ owns a town?