Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can vampires kill other vampires?  (Read 654 times)

TV4Fun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Can vampires kill other vampires?
« on: March 27, 2017, 12:02:46 am »

I have someone who was killed by a vampire, and one witness identified someone as the killer. Later on, the person that witness identified was also killed by a vampire. Is this possible if that person was a vampire as well, or was the first witness lying?

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
Re: Can vampires kill other vampires?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 12:05:15 am »

Witnesses lie. Also, vampires often lie and denounce other people to cover for themselves. That witness is likely the vampire.
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Can vampires kill other vampires?
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2017, 04:02:55 am »

As Thisfox said, vampires more or less routinely claim to be witnesses and accuse random dorfs of their crimes. Thus, "witnesses" should end up at the top of your suspect list (together with the mayor). I'm not aware of any cases where real witnesses lie, though. Vampires don't plan very well, so they can easily select the dorf they accused as their next target, rather than selecting someone else and then claim the dorf accused of the previous crime was guilty of the new one as well.

I don't know if vampires can drain each other, as I'm not aware of any !!SCIENCE!! performed on the issue. Vampires don't sleep, so any opportunity would have to be engineered. Cave-in dust should work, as should stunning from falls. Syndromes should probably work as well. I don't know if you can drink a vampire under the table, but that would be a cool way of doing it if possible (and there should be no lung damage, as vampires don't breathe).