Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to get FPS death by accident, also, my dwarfs to the last need new pants.  (Read 733 times)

GenJeFT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So yea. This should be interesting. I dont know how to insert a screenshot but... I left the invasion soldier cap at 1000 because I never thought the enemy would make a very large army...

I have 103 dwarfs with 20 really crappy soldiers.

The goblin army numbers 500 and its growing...

Epic last stand time, 25 to 1! 3 FPS.

Thankfully I have a way to limit the size of the force I am fighting at any one time. This will be one HELL of a goblin Christmas.

edit!
The enemy army now numbers over 750. I think we are going to hit 1000 invaders against 100 dwarfs!

This fight is very critical, my fortress has some of the very last dwarfs alive in the world. It is the very last fortress.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 08:44:34 pm by GenJeFT »

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Worldgen invasions regularly have 2000-3000 goblins at a time (in a highly populated world) no reason to think player fortresses shouldn't see the same if you're brave enough to turn the cap up. Good luck!

GenJeFT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am slightly encouraged because one of my mace dwarfs just scaled a 10 square climb to a bridge and slaughtered 12 of them singlehandedly then climbed back down. He lies in the hospital at the moment with one of the doctors* tending to his wounds.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile

To add screenshots, either simply link the file location, or use
Code: [Select]
[img]Link Goes Here[/img]  Note that for especially large screenshots, when using the latter method, also good practice to add a spoiler tag.

GenJeFT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Goblins and beakdogs are easy to take down. These darn trolls are a problem. Especially when all my fort has is copper for armor and weapons.

GenJeFT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sigh... game shut down.