Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How much necrosis to kill?  (Read 846 times)

Evillee03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How much necrosis to kill?
« on: March 09, 2017, 08:07:39 pm »

For a thing I'm making I am using a necrosis poison, the problem is that when I apply it, it starts as normal, then a while later it covers there whole body, it's just that it never damages them just displaying [Body Part] is rotten

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: How much necrosis to kill?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 03:21:02 am »

The rotting leads to infection if the rotten tissue isn't excised by a surgeon and washed with clean water and soap, which is almost invariably fatal (sometimes dwarves recover from infection without proper treatment. But don't bet on it.)

Necrosis of the brain will result in instant death the next time they get into combat or take any other action where their health status is checked.

Necrosis just doesn't usually cause instantaneous death by any other means, on its own.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

King Kitteh

• Bay Watcher
  • [SAVAGE][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2017, 07:23:49 pm »

Edit: Nvm I misunderstood question.
goodnight, speep tighht, don't let the bedbugs bite

Evillee03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2017, 05:34:17 pm »

The rotting leads to infection if the rotten tissue isn't excised by a surgeon and washed with clean water and soap, which is almost invariably fatal (sometimes dwarves recover from infection without proper treatment. But don't bet on it.)

Necrosis of the brain will result in instant death the next time they get into combat or take any other action where their health status is checked.

Necrosis just doesn't usually cause instantaneous death by any other means, on its own.
Thanks

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2017, 08:00:25 am »

So about two fortress years ago, one of my dwarves was bitten by a helmet snake and the venom caused her left lung to start rotting. Added to the fact that I had no running water to clean her wounds, I thought she was a goner for sure.

Nope. She's still alive. The toughest person in my entire fortress, her lung has literally been rotting for a good two years now.