Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Don't post, an epilogue.  (Read 757 times)

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
Don't post, an epilogue.
« on: February 23, 2017, 10:33:58 pm »

Don't post, an epilogue

The builders once ruled the known world. They conquered all other civilizations, and declared thier everlasting authority.

They built cathedrals and ziggurats in testament to thier might, and spat at the idea of the divine.

Their hubris was thier downfall, for one day, a God did take notice. That day was toady, and there is nothing left of the builders now.

The empire falls into ruin, and old superstitions take hold once more. You stand where once a great pyramid stood. Who are you?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The world is dangerous. This will probably be a short game.

Edit: I know it says don't post, but uh... you're supposed to post.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 11:19:04 pm by helmacon »
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Don't post, an epilogue.
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 11:26:05 pm »

Name: Dark
Element: GOAT
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 12:04:02 am »

Your name is Dark.
You are male.
Your are 34 years old.
Though you don't understand it, you seem to have some sort of connection to goats.

You look around yourself. Not so much as a broken brick remains. The builders are vanished entirely.

You remember a village belonging to the workers close to here. They were the first empire enslaved by the builders, one of thier most loyal subjects. They were even trusted to work on the great pyramids. Maybe they would know what to do now?

In the other direction there is a village of diggers. Those people who ran the mines, and worked the earth. They were a strong people, but thier labor had made them bitter, and they despised the builders, much to thier own suffering.

To seek out people at this time may not be the wisest of choices. You could go into the great wilderness in the north, to ponder this new era in seclusion if you wish. The wilderness is dangerous though, do not think your solace will be easily earned.

You have a decision to make. What do you do?

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2017, 12:14:23 am »

Go to the wilderness so we can change our element from a joke to a real deal.
Besides it'll be fun!

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2017, 03:14:39 am »

Besides it'll be fun!

Or go to the wilderness, find goats, tame goats, bring the gifts of cheese, milk, meat and wool to the people we meet with a giant herd of goats.

So +1 to wilderness.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2017, 03:26:38 am »

Besides it'll be fun!

+1
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2017, 03:31:26 am »

Besides it'll be fun!

+1
+1

I have an idea for when we die.

Name: Chief
Element: Building
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2017, 05:14:30 am »

Hang on, what happened to the old one?

Seek out the wisdom of the first builders, who are worshipped by some as gods.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 05:16:26 am by Imic »
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2017, 06:50:07 am »

Besides it'll be fun!

+1
+1

I have an idea for when we die.

Name: Chief
Element: Building
How about:

Name: Toe Morroh
Element: Time
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2017, 09:24:53 am »

Is this an SG or multiplayer?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2017, 02:24:42 pm »

Update

You were always a solitary creature, and in these uncertain times you are hesitant to seek out other people. Who knows what effect the vanishing of the builders has had on the world at large.

You turn to the north, making your path by the sun and the mountains in the distance. Even the roads have vanished, but the land is flat and even, the forests clear cut. You pass great open fields where cities once stood, now empty and ominous. You see a dog wandering the firelds at one point, but when you call out the creature runs away.
Eventually the land becomes more uneven, and the pines grow thicker. You pass less and less of the eerie open fields. You are approaching the great northern wilderness. Although right next to the builders former heartland, it was never settled. It was held in reverence as legend told that thier people arose from those frozen forests. For a non-builder to enter the reserve was the penalty of death. There are no forces here to stop you now.

You know are at the edge of the wilderness now. A great strip of empty land runs to the horizon in either direction. It must once have been a great wall, or a road, you think to yourself. On the other side of the strip the pines are packed close, and forest sits in heavy shade. There is no sound here, and your ears burn from the cold. The grass here is frozen, and crunches underfoot as you cross to the wilderness. Are you the first? Even the builders did not walk here.

You keep moving north, but the sun is hidden from your view now. It is hard to tell the time in the constant shade of the forest, but the dropping temperature tells you it is getting late. You reach out, and within, and feel your power resonate. An invisible tremor radiates out from you, and the pines shudder. You feel something alike respond to you, and you sit down to wait. A few minutes later a small group of wild goats wander up to you, trailing between the pines. They seem friendly and content to follow you.

You have no shelter as night falls, but the goats see you as one of your own and you sleep snuggled between two of them. You wake, not warm, but not frozen either. You stretch and gather snow off the trees to drink. You have no food to eat but a handful of wild onions you found.

You contemplate the events of yesterday, and what you have learned. You affinity seems more ordered in some way, and more powerful by extension. Conversely, you sense a diminishing of potential within yourself.

How will you spend today?
It is cold. You are hungry. You smell like goat.

Learned Gather. (gather nearby goats)
Number of potential powers reduced by one.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2017, 11:50:30 pm »

We have warmth, even if it is goat warmth.  Let's cover the basics, water and more food then some shelter.  I guess explore for a source of water and better food.  Maybe try to melt some snow?

Once we can survive on our own we can go interact with the other guys.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2017, 10:28:07 am »

*bump, in case you missed the update

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2017, 11:15:54 am »

What do goats eat? Bloody anything. Maybe we can do that too?
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.