Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tutorial  (Read 828 times)

Chase

• Bay Watcher
  • I like video games
    • View Profile
Tutorial
« on: March 09, 2017, 08:21:33 pm »

What's up boys and gals, I'm making a video tutorial for Slaves to Armok: God of Blood Chapter II: Dwarf Fortress: Histories of Jealousy and Toil. Just Wondering what are some non-basic stuff that needs covered that's important enough (covering: digging, assigning nobles to rooms, stockpiles, hunting) I have everything written out and I've rehearsed a few times, but I just need some stuff that new players should learn. I'll be making a more advanced tutorial for the veterans on how to breach aquifers and live in dangerous regions once the artifact release drops. I have yet to see a completely vanilla tutorial so I decided I'm going to make one, and make it right. That's why I need your help.

TL:DR: Tell me things that the game doesn't tell you that will really help new players in colony mode.
Fantasy World Simulation Enthusiast

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
Re: Tutorial
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 03:16:52 am »

How best to choose your colony site. What to pack into your cart, appropriate for said colony site. What not to buy, what to buy.

Also, the implications of bringing two breeding pairs of cats.
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!