Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Oh god, that poor evil little gnome!  (Read 667 times)

Eiba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Oh god, that poor evil little gnome!
« on: November 13, 2007, 03:25:00 am »

Some background: I had dug an access tunnel to a cave river in the mountains... Unfortunately the river denezins were perfectly capable of actually using that tunnel, leading to lizardmen and mud men wandering about up in the mountians. Fortunately none of my dwarves had any business around there, but a tribe of benevolent (?) dark gnomes lived up there... One of them got separated from the rest (who abandoned him as fast as possible when they saw the lizardman) and then the lizardman...

Well, he was a dark gnome... he probobly deserved it... But this does lead to a very interesting possibility: Arena fights. I'm going to catch a dozen or so of my evil little gnome friends, as well as a lizard man or two- maybe a mudman- rig it all up and... well, try to find how many gnomes it takes to take down one river dweller.

Edit: Oh god, those buggers just lost all their sympathy.

This is how those little bastards mourn the loss of a comrade- they get drunk... On MY beer!

I swear to god those pipsqueaks are as good as dead! They're like Rhesus Macaques, only they wear funny hats and go after your booze!

Gnomes!!!

[ November 13, 2007: Message edited by: Eiba ]

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
Re: Oh god, that poor evil little gnome!
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 03:55:00 am »

bwahahaah! that's hilarious they drank your booze!

I've heard they will run from your dwarves no matter what, even if the only place they have to run is off a cliff. just something to keep in mind, in case you have some spare spikes.

An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2007, 04:47:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by BurnedToast:
<STRONG>bwahahaah! that's hilarious they drank your booze!

I've heard they will run from your dwarves no matter what, even if the only place they have to run is off a cliff. just something to keep in mind, in case you have some spare spikes.</STRONG>

That's regular gnomes. Dark gnomes fight back.

I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

tallyho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2007, 05:10:00 am »

I don't think dark gnomes run away, that's just regular gnomes. They are, however, equally fragile. Your wood cutter will make short work of them, even if he is still only proficient. Heck, your unarmed dwarves can probably kill them just as well. Defend the beer, and move it indoors ASAP!

Tyrving

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Poster/Dabbling Troll
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2007, 04:00:00 pm »

Well, at least now you know how to catch them. Build a cage trap, set some cheap booze on top of it as bait, and then you just play the waiting game.

Balathustrius

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_SLEEP]
    • View Profile
    • In which I post pictures
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2007, 04:36:00 pm »

Something about this game even having creatures called "dark gnomes" is inexpressibly cool.
You have struck Microcline!

Werdnari

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2007, 04:51:00 pm »

Got gnomeblight?